[Nfbnet-members-list] Research Study on Implementation of Universal Design for Learning in Online University Courses

Blake, Lou Ann LBlake at nfb.org
Tue Sep 19 00:53:47 UTC 2017

Greetings, my name is Mohanna Almohanna, and I am a Ph.D. candidate
in Special Education at Texas Tech University. I am writing to
recruit students who meet the participant criteria to participate in
my research study. My target population is students or individuals
with blindness or visual impairment who have taken or are currently
taking an online university course using a screen reader program.

The main purpose of the study is to investigate how students who are
blind or visually impaired (BVI) perceive the implementation and
efficacy of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in online university
coursework.  Another purpose of this study is to find out if UDL is
able to meet the needs of all learners who are blind or visually
impaired in an online classroom environment. Additionally, the study
hopes to contribute to the literature on UDL.

The principal investigator of this study and my doctoral advisor is
Dr. Rona Pogrund, Professor in the College of Education at Texas Tech
University.  As co-investigator, I will be directing all email communications.

TTU also has a Board that protects the rights of people who
participate in research.  You can ask questions of the Board at
806-742-2064.  You can also mail or email your questions to:

Human Research Protection Program

Administration Building, Room 357
Box 41075 | MS 1075
Lubbock, TX 79409-1075
<mailto:hrpp at ttu.edu>hrpp at ttu.edu

The link to the survey study is here for your convenience:

<https://educttu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eG10U06gtayoZpz>Implementation
and Efficacy of Universal Design in Online University Coursework for
Students Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired

Thank you in advance for your attention. I am attaching a letter with
a link to the study survey and also an Information Sheet about the
study. For any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to
contact me or Dr. Pogrund.

Sincerely,
Mohanna Almohanna
Ph.D. Candidate in Special Education