[Nfbnet-members-list] SHARE WIDELY: National Federation of the Blind Is Seeking to Support DREAMers

President, National Federation of the Blind OfficeOfThePresident at nfb.org
Fri Sep 15 13:07:13 UTC 2017

National Federation of the Blind Is Seeking to Support DREAMers

As the principal vehicle for collective action for the blind in the
United States, the National Federation of the Blind is committed to
enabling all blind people, irrespective of immigration status, to
live the lives we want. To better inform our current and future
advocacy and policy strategies, the National Federation of the Blind
is collecting the following information to better understand the
impact of the administration's recent decision to rescind the
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program among the blind
in the United States. The information collected will be used to:
    * Identify DREAMers who are blind in order to better understand
the impact on blind people and help inform the National Federation of
the Blind regarding ways the organization can best provide assistance.
    * Develop an aggregate summary of the blind people in the United
States who participate in the DACA program, which can be shared with
government officials, advocates, and other interested parties.
    * Develop statistical analyses on the unemployment rate among the
blind before and after the establishment of the DACA program.
    * Highlight general narratives of blind people living the lives
they want because of the DACA program.
    * Coordinate a community of blind DACA recipients in order to
maximize the resources available.

If you or someone you know is blind and receives DACA benefits,
please complete the National Federation of the Blind DACA form at the
below links (available in Spanish and English), or share this
information with them. If you know of a DREAMer who does not have
internet access, we would appreciate your helping them complete the form.

Spanish NFB DACA form: <https://nfb.org/daca-es>https://nfb.org/daca-es
English NFB DACA form: <https://nfb.org/daca>https://nfb.org/daca

Together with love, hope, and determination, the National Federation
of the Blind transforms dreams into reality. Through this effort we
seek to support the hopes and dreams of blind people seeking to be
fully contributing members of our nation.

Mark A. Riccobono, President
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314 | Officeofthepresident at nfb.org
Twitter: @Riccobono

<https://nfb.org/>
National Federation of the Blind

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>
Facebook
     <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>
Twitter
     <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>
Youtube

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind.
Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.