[Nfbnet-members-list] NFBNJ Technology Seminars

Brian Mackey bmackey88 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 02:01:11 UTC 2017

Technology Seminars

Starting in March 2017, the Technology Division of the NFB of New Jersey
proudly sponsors conference calls on a variety of topics with moderators
presiding over each call. We hope these calls provide information and
thoughtful discussions in your local chapter meetings throughout the year.

To attend the calls, dial 515-604-9570, then use access code 612068 pound.
You will hear the code you entered repeated. Press 1 if it is correct. Press
2 to re-enter it. If you press 1, you then announce yourself by stating your
name and you will then be entered into the conference call.

In order to obtain the best possible sound for these calls, it is
recommended that each caller, after dialing in, press star 6 which puts you
in a "mute" mode. You will be able to hear everything during the call but
background noise from your location will not disturb others listening in on
the conversation. When you wish to speak and enter the discussion, press
star 6 and you will be released from the "mute" mode and able to
participate. It is also highly recommended that each person wishing to speak
state his or her name and wait for the moderator to recognize you before
speaking. We can have too many people trying to seek the floor at one time
and chaos can occur. The moderators will do their very best to recognize as
many callers as possible however, they will determine the order in which
speakers proceed. When finished with your comments, press star 6 again to go
back into "mute" mode to facilitate better, uncluttered communication for
everyone. Star 6 also works when you have your phone on speaker.

The times for the calls are

*         8:00pm Eastern

*         7:00pm Central

*         6:00pm Mountain

*         5:00pm Pacific

Please determine for yourself the time to enter the call if you live in a
time zone other than those listed above.

Because our conference calls contain information that's helpful and
interesting to blind techies, we archive all of them within hours of their
completion. You can listen to our most recent archives by calling
515-604-9651, and entering the access code 612068 pound followed by the call
reference code. Currently we only have one archived call. While listening, 4
will rewind one minute, 6 will forward one minute, and 5 will pause the
recording which is a toggle. We hope you enjoy and learn from them.

Calls for 2017

*         Monday, March 20, 2017: NFB-NEWSLINER and KNFB Reader Scott White,
Director of Sponsored Technology Programs for the National Federation of the
Blind will discuss NFB-NEWSLINER and the KNFB reader app. To learn more
about NFB-NEWSLINER, please visit www.nfbnj.org/nfb-newsline
<http://www.nfbnj.org/nfb-newsline>  or www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org>
/audio-newspaper-service. To learn more about the KNFB Reader app, please
visit www.nfb.org/knfbreader <http://www.nfb.org/knfbreader>  or
www.knfbreader.com <http://www.knfbreader.com> .

Archived Calls

*         March 20, 2017: NEWSLINER and KNFB Reader
Moderator: Scott White, NFB Director of Sponsored Technology Programs
Host: Jane Degenshein, president of NFBNJ Technology Division
Reference Code: pound

Additional Information

For more information regarding the NFBNJ Technology Division, please visit
www.nfbnj.org/chapters-and-divisions/tech-division. You can also contact
Jane Degenshein, president of the NJ Technology Division, at 973-736-5785 or
jdegen16 at comcast.net <mailto:jdegen16 at comcast.net> .