[Nfbnet-members-list] Employment Committee Convention Events

Dick Davis ddavis at blindinc.org
Thu Jun 22 03:09:15 UTC 2017

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to give all you jobseekers some
information that will help you navigate from now
through our convention successfully.  First of
all, here is a list of the Employment Committee events:
·         Job Seeker Seminar, Monday
July 10, 12:30-4:00 pm, Sebastian I-2
·         Etiquette Dinner presented by
the Employment Committee, Monday July 10, 5:30
pm, Café Osceola, Rosen Shingle Creek (now full,
taking backup registrations only)
·         National Job Fair, Tuesday
July 11, 9:30-11:30 am, Panzacola Ballroom F3 and F4
·         NFB Employment Committee
Meeting, Thursday July 13, 7:00-9:00 pm, Wekiwa 10
·         Upward Mobility Seminar,
Friday July 14, 7:00-9:30 pm, Wekiwa 4
You must pre-register or register to attend the
Job Fair this year.  You may pre-register by
completing the Pre-registration form under
Convention Events at our Employment Committee
website, which is
<https://employment.nfb.org/>https://employment.nfb.org/,
attaching your resume, and sending it to Suzanne
Turner (instructions are on the
form).  Pre-registrants are still eligible to
get their resumes fixed by the Resume
Doctors.  If you want this done, send a note
saying you want your resume doctored.  A doctor
will get back to you.  Because of the short time
frame, we are splitting the resumes between the
doctors.  If you want your resume doctored, the deadline is June 30.Â
The deadline for pre-registration is July 3;
after that you will need to register for the Job
Fair at the convention. There will be two times
you can register for the Job Fair: Monday, July
10 from 12:30 to 4:00 pm outside the Job Seeker
Seminar, and Tuesday July 11 from 8:30 to 11:30
outside the Job Fair.  Remember, you must
register before you can enter the Job Fair - no
exceptions! Â See one of my earlier emails for
the reason why.  There is no registration needed
for any of our other events except for the
Etiquette Dinner, which is now full.Â
The list of Job Fair Employers is at
<https://employment.nfb.org/>https://employment.nfb.org/
under Convention Events. It will be updated at
least weekly. Right now we have about 25
employers, and keep adding about one a day. If
you are not coming to the Job Fair, please do not
contact them until after the convention.  And
yes, we are still accepting applications from
employers.  If you know of an employer who wants
to come, have them contact me at
<mailto:ddavis at blindinc.org>ddavis at blindinc.org,
or call me at 612-872-0100, ext. 202.Â
We recommend that you dress up for all of our
events, as there will be employers present at all
of them, and you will never get a second chance
to make a good first impression.  Last year we
had some people show up at the Job Fair looking
like they had just come from the pool. That’s a
job killer. If anyone shows up inappropriately
dressed this year, as in t-shirt and hat,
flip-flops, shorts, etc. we will give them the
opportunity to go back to their room and dress
appropriately.  Remember, your personal appearance reflects on all of us.Â
If you need additional information, email me at
<mailto:ddavis at blindinc.org>ddavis at blindinc.org
or call me at 612-872-0100, ext. 202.Â
Thank you all,
Dick Davis, Chair