[Nfbnet-members-list] NFB Legislative Alert

Diggs, Parnell PDiggs at nfb.org
Wed Nov 30 19:25:17 UTC 2016

Dear Colleagues:

On this last day of November, I have the following matters to bring
to your attention. First, please take a moment to call your House
member this week and ask her or him to cosponsor the Accessible
Instructional Materials in Higher Education (AIM HE) Act., H.R. 6122.
AIM HE was introduced by Republican Phil Roe of Tennessee, and the
lead cosponsor is Democrat Joe Courtney of Connecticut. You can reach
the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121. From there, simply request
to be connected with your Congressman. In addition to Tennessee and
Connecticut, I want to thank our California and New York affiliates
for securing cosponsors on AIM HE so far.

While on the phone, please also mention the TIME Act, H.R. 188. Below
this message, I am listing the names of each House member and their
state as acknowledgement to those affiliates which have secured
cosponsors on the TIME Act during the 114th Congress. There are
seventy-eight of them to date. Please thank your representative if
she or he has cosponsored the TIME Act, or urge them to do so in
addition to cosponsoring AIM HE. Your calls are important because it
is crucial that we stay in contact with our legislators on a regular
basis, moreover, while the 114th Congress is about to come to an end,
gaining these cosponsors will help us get off to a quicker start in
the next Congress.

Additional details about the Marrakesh Treaty and Space Available are
forthcoming very soon, but suffice it to say that we are working on
these items every day within the relevant House and Senate
committees. Thus, we do not need phone calls on Marrakesh and Space
Available at this time. I have one other item to discuss with you.
Next week, we will be sending you template letters about requesting
appointments with members of Congress for the Washington Seminar.
Please be on the lookout for those items and related materials.

Exactly two months from today, we will be participating in the Great
Gathering-in at the 2017 Washington Seminar. As President Riccobono
observed in this week's President's Notebook, the Holiday Inn Capitol
is accepting reservations now. Before December 28, please call (877)
572-6951, or go to
<https://nfb.org/washington-seminar>https://nfb.org/washington-seminar
where you can access the Holiday Inn Capitol page and make your
reservations using booking code F7B. The rates are $188 for a room
accommodating up to four persons, and the applicable tax is 14.5 percent.

As you can see, we have much to do in the next sixty days or so.  In
the meantime, if you celebrate the Holiday Season, I hope it is a
good one for you and your loved ones, my Federation family.

Warmly,
Parnell

TIME Act (H.R. 188) Cosponsors
Young, Don [R-AK-At Large]
Calvert, Ken [R-CA-42]
Davis, Susan A. [D-CA-53]
Eshoo, Anna G. [D-CA-18]
Lowenthal, Alan S. [D-CA-47]
McNerney, Jerry [D-CA-9]
Napolitano, Grace F. [D-CA-32]
Roybal-Allard, Lucille [D-CA-40]
Ruiz, Raul [D-CA-36]
Speier, Jackie [D-CA-14]
Swalwell, Eric [D-CA-15]
Courtney, Joe [D-CT-2]
Bilirakis, Gus M. [R-FL-12]
Castor, Kathy [D-FL-14]
Grayson, Alan [D-FL-9]
Hastings, Alcee L. [D-FL-20]
Webster, Daniel [R-FL-10]
Bishop, Sanford D., Jr. [D-GA-2]
Bustos, Cheri [D-IL-17]
Davis, Danny K. [D-IL-7]
Duckworth, Tammy [D-IL-8]
Gutierrez, Luis V. [D-IL-4]
Quigley, Mike [D-IL-5]
Schakowsky, Janice D. [D-IL-9]
Visclosky, Peter J. [D-IN-1]
Young, David [R-IA-3]
Yarmuth, John A. [D-KY-3]
Abraham, Ralph Lee [R-LA-5]
Cummings, Elijah E. [D-MD-7]
Edwards, Donna F. [D-MD-4]
Van Hollen, Chris [D-MD-8]
Clark, Katherine M. [D-MA-5]
Lynch, Stephen F. [D-MA-8]
McGovern, James P. [D-MA-2]
Moulton, Seth [D-MA-6]
Neal, Richard E. [D-MA-1]
Conyers, John, Jr. [D-MI-13]
Lawrence, Brenda L. [D-MI-14]
Miller, Candice S. [R-MI-10]
Trott, David A. [R-MI-11]
Upton, Fred [R-MI-6]
Thompson, Bennie G. [D-MS-2]
Fortenberry, Jeff [R-NE-1]
Kuster, Ann M. [D-NH-2]
Lujan Grisham, Michelle [D-NM-1]
Lujan, Ben Ray [D-NM-3]
Engel, Eliot L. [D-NY-16]
Jeffries, Hakeem S. [D-NY-8]
King, Peter T. [R-NY-2]
Lowey, Nita M. [D-NY-17]
Maloney, Sean Patrick [D-NY-18]
Rice, Kathleen M. [D-NY-4]
Slaughter, Louise McIntosh [D-NY-25]
Tonko, Paul [D-NY-20]
Velazquez, Nydia M. [D-NY-7]
Ellmers, Renee L. [R-NC-2]
Price, David E. [D-NC-4]
Fudge, Marcia L. [D-OH-11]
Kaptur, Marcy [D-OH-9]
Cole, Tom [R-OK-4]
Mullin, Markwayne [R-OK-2]
Brady, Robert A. [D-PA-1]
Fattah, Chaka [D-PA-2]
Fitzpatrick, Michael G. [R-PA-8]
Marino, Tom [R-PA-10]
Pierluisi, Pedro R. [D-PR-At Large]
Rice, Tom [R-SC-7]
Blackburn, Marsha [R-TN-7]

Parnell Diggs, Esq.
Director of Government Affairs
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, extension 2222 | <mailto:pdiggs at nfb.org>pdiggs at nfb.org
Twitter: ParnellDiggs

<https://nfb.org/>
National Federation of the Blind

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>
Facebook
     <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>
Twitter
     <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>
Youtube

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind.
Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.