[Nfbnet-members-list] NFB Legislative Alert

Diggs, Parnell PDiggs at nfb.org
Wed Mar 9 22:22:06 UTC 2016

Dear Colleagues,

There are two matters pending in the Senate that require our
attention this week. First, we need to engage members of the Senate
to make the Marrakesh Treaty a top priority in 2016. Please call your
Senators and urge them to support the ratification of the Marrakesh
Treaty and help make more published works available to blind people.

Secondly, please urge your Senators to include the language of S.
2596 (our Space Available legislation in the Senate) in the base
language of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA).

I am so thankful for the excellent work you do because no
organization moves a legislative agenda like the National Federation
of the Blind. Please call both of your Senators today! The number to
the Capitol Switchboard is (202) 224-3121.

Thanks again for all you do to make sure blind Americans can live the
lives we want.

Parnell

Parnell Diggs, Esq.
Director of Government Affairs
National Federation of the Blind
200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
Office: (410) 659-9314, extension 2222
Mobile: (843) 267-2018
Email: <mailto:pdiggs at nfb.org>pdiggs at nfb.org
Twitter: @NFB_Voice
@ParnellDiggs

the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

Make a gift to the National Federation of the Blind and help ensure
all blind Americans live the lives they want