[Nfbnet-members-list] Three New Lists

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Wed Mar 2 00:04:28 UTC 2016

I am pleased to be able to announce three new lists here on
nfbnet.org. They are for the Pennsylvania Association of Blind
Students, PABS; the Miami Valley Chapter of the NFB of ohio, NFBMV;
and CHANT, The Community Hoping for Accessibility in Non-Abrahamic Traditions.

Below is information on each, and how to join.

Dave

PABS

PABS is sponsored by the Pennsylvania Association of Blind Students.
Its information is as follows:

The Pennsylvania Association of Blind Students (PABS) is a division of
the National Association of Blind Students and the National Federation
of the Blind of Pennsylvania.

This group serves to connect blind high school and higher education
students so as to support, assist, and encourage one another. All
individuals, including those who are not members of PABS, who have an
interest in discussing matters pertaining to Pennsylvania blind
students are welcome.

The list moderator is Elizabeth Muhammad, and you can reach her at:
lizzym0827 at gmail.com

To join PABS you can either go to:

or send e-mail to pabs-request at nfbnet.org and put the word subscribe
on the subject line by itself.

NFBMV

The information for the Miami Valley Chapter list of the NFB of Ohio is:

This list is sponsored by the National Federation of the Blind, NFB,
and the NFB of Ohio.

The National Federation of the Blind of the Miami Valley knows that
blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every
day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations
create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

This list has been established to facilitate communication between the
members of the National Federation of the Blind of the Miami Valley.  It is
anticipated that traffic will be minimal most of the time and that posts
will primarily consist of meeting announcements, chapter meeting minutes and
other federation-related communications.  Please contact Robert Spangler,
Chapter Secretary at spangler.robert at gmail.com should you have any
questions.

The list is moderated by Robert Spangler. You can reach him at:

spangler.robert at gmail.comm

To JOIN NFBMV you can either go to:

or send e-mail to nfbmv-request at nfbnet.org and put the word subscribe
on the subject line by itself.

Here is our final new list, CHANT:

CHANT

This is the CHANT Mailing List. It is the Community Hoping for
Accessibility in Non-Abrahamic Traditions (CHANT) is a place to talk
to likeminded individuals from the Federation family. Being a blind
Pagan comes with challenges whether a third degree High
Priest/Priestess or a solitary who is just starting out. No matter
what your path is, we could all benefit from sharing our experiences
and tips on handling them so that they do not become obstacles in our
practice.
         On this forum there will be a chance for exchanging methods
and techniques of handling difficulties due to blindness, sharing
sources of educational and inspirational materials and discussing
your path in a safe place. Accessible publications are rare for
Pagans of all traditions; together we can find ways to advocate for
increased availability.

The list is moderated by Eve Sanchez. You can reach her at:
3rdeyeonly at gmail.com

To join the list you can either go to: