[Nfbnet-members-list] DECLARE INDEPENDENCE WITH TOOLS TO LIVE YOUR LIFE

Scott White swhite at nfb.org
Tue Jun 28 15:45:16 UTC 2016

Declare your independence with NFB-NEWSLINE and KNFB Reader!
NFB-NEWSLINE offers independence with the addition of USA Jobs and
enhanced Target ads, and KNFB Reader helps with life, liberty, and
the pursuit of happiness with our Independence Sale. This July 1-7,
2016, KNFB Reader will be on sale for $64.99 USD.

Here are some comments from KNFB Reader users about how KNFB Reader
helps them live the lives they want, independently:

"I love the fact that I can read my children's school reports."

"Today I used KNFB Reader to read the PIN on a new credit card."

"I like that I can adapt it to my needs, rather than try to adapt my
workflow to KNFB Reader. I'm able to access image-based material
either sent electronically or by taking a picture, which has
definitely improved my productivity. I wouldn't trade this app for
anything. If you're blind and work for a living, buying this is a no-brainer."

"Because of the app I can now troubleshoot things on my computer when
the screen reader is frozen. I can read the screen of a television in
case of a cable programming error."

"I can read the directions of my brownie mix."

"I use it to read restaurant menus. I tell people, it's like having
eyes in your pocket."

KNFB Reader: take a photo, the app reads the print aloud. It has
automatic text detection, tilt guidance and a field of view report
that helps the blind user get the best photo. Users can even scan
multiple pages in batch mode, and if desired, can save files to
DropBox and refer to them later. Also compatible with connected
Braille displays.

To learn more about KNFB Reader, visit www.knfbreader.com. The app
will be available for $64.99 USD from July 1-7, 2016. Available in
the iTunes and Google Play stores for iOS and Android. Know someone
who might be interested in KNFB Reader? Please forward this message
to co-workers, customers, and email lists.

You can now declare your independence with USA Jobs on NFB-NEWSLINE.
Now in addition to NFB-NEWSLINE's existing job listings, subscribers
can set up profiles to include opportunities offered by USAJOBS.gov.
Using the job listings feature of the NFB-NEWSLINE service,
subscribers can set up the search profile and customize the search by
radius from a zip code, category, salary range, and can even include
a specific search phrase such as "entry level" or "benefits."

USAJOBS.gov is a free web-based job board enabling federal job
seekers access to thousands of job opportunities across hundreds of
federal agencies and organizations, providing public notice for
federal employment opportunities. As the federal government's
official source for federal job listings and employment opportunity
information, USAJOBS.gov provides a variety of opportunities.

Subscribers can set up multiple profiles (for example, searching in
several different geographical areas, or searching for more than one
type of employment). They also have the capability to email job
listings to their email inbox.

Additionally, you can shop more independently with NFB-NEWSLINE's new
and improved Target Ads.

The ads are deeply detailed with product names, prices, colors,
sizes, and brief descriptions as well as extremely detailed full
descriptions. Now subscribers are receiving all the information
available in the print ads. These detailed descriptions include
information such as product dimensions, materials and washing
instructions on clothing, age range and hazards on children's toys,
compatibility and warranty information on electronics, storage and
allergen content on foods.

The ads are now divided by pages instead of sections, and can be
navigated by these pages. Target ads are easy to navigate, you can
read as much or as little about each product as you choose.

Want to build a shopping list? Or read more detail later? Simply
email yourself the product description.

We hope you enjoy your independence with these valuable tools!

Your NFB-NEWSLINE Team

NFB-NEWSLINE, A service of the National Federation of the Blind

Make the print yours with KNFB Reader www.nfb.org/knfbreader

the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.