[Nfbnet-members-list] Learn, Dance, Perform: Join Us!

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 18:34:41 UTC 2016

Dear Federation Family,

   The National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division has a
   number of exciting events planned for the upcoming convention.

   First, we welcome everyone to our business meeting in Suwannee 21,
  level 2.  Come early to
   register between 12:30 and 1:00 PM.  We offer a full agenda including
   reports from the board; a panel discussion on stage presence, acting,
   and style; and a Braille music workshop.  See attached agenda for a
  more detailed schedule of the meeting.

   Dance with us!  On July 2nd from 6:30-9:30 PM in Suwannee 13, level
  2, Katelyn MacIntyre, vice president of the Performing
   Arts Division, will be teaching us the art of ballroom dancing with
  waltz and swing.  No prior experience or partner necessary; we'll all
  learn together!

   The National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division will be
   holding the 16th annual showcase of talent on July 4th at 7:30 PM in
  Panzacola Ballroom G, level 1.  If
   you would like to perform, preregistration will be open until June
   29th, or you can register as a performer at convention as long as
   spots remain.  This year's showcase will again take the form of a
   competition.  Cash prizes will be awarded to first and second place
   winners.  Our judges this year are Briley OConnor, JP Williams, and
   Danielle Trevino.  We thank them for lending us their expertise for
   the evening.  And we look forward to an enjoyable night of
  performances from the members of our talented federation!

   Don't forget to stop by our exhibit table A29 to meet us and take part in
   our 50-50 drawing.  Raffle tickets are 1 for $1 and 6 for $5, and the
   drawing will take place at 10:00 at the talent show.  As long as your
   ticket is there, you will receive your winnings!

  If you have questions or wish to preregister for the talent show,
  please email us at nfbpad at gmail.com, or you may contact me at
kaybaycar at gmail.com.  We in the National Federation of the Blind
  Performing Arts Division look forward to sharing in our activities
  with you!  Let's turn our performers' dreams into reality together!

  Yours in the movement,

  Julie A. McGinnity
  President, National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division
kaybaycar at gmail.com