[Nfbnet-members-list] Blind Parent Initiative

melissa at riccobono.us melissa at riccobono.us
Sun Jun 26 18:30:50 UTC 2016

Hello Fellow Federationists,
As many of you know, the National Federation of
the Blind has a new Blind Parent Initiative. This initiative includes a website
<http://www.blindparents.org>http://www.blindparents.org
On this website, we want to include videos of
blind parents explaining (and possibly
demonstrating) how they complete different
parenting tasks such as changing diapers,
transporting babies in strollers or carriers,
keeping track of toddlers when traveling,
dispensing proper amounts of medication, helping
older children with homework, feeding infants,
helping young children learn letters, numbers, colors, and so much more.
These videos need to be short, but informative.
It is helpful if you have a child with you in
order to demonstrate a skill along with your
verbal explanation, but this is not absolutely necessary.
This year, we are hoping to capture some of these
videos at our national convention. Below are the
days and times Stephanie Eller, from our NFB
staff, will be available to film. The location is
the Panzacola registration desk. The times are
Saturday, July 2, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Saturday, July 2, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Sunday, July 3, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
If you are interested in filming a video, please contact
<mailto:parenting at nfb.org>parenting at nfb.org
with the day and time most convenient for you to
film. Please include the topic you plan to
discuss, and whether you will have a child or
special equipment with you for use in your video.

Can't attend the convention this year, but have a
video to share? No problem! Please feel free to
record a short video and email it to
<mailto:parenting at nfb.org>parenting at nfb.org
We also hope to capture additional videos at
state conventions and other events throughout the
year, so please stay tuned for more ways you can help!
We look forward to seeing you in Orlando and
getting some fantastic video footage. We
appreciate you taking the time to demonstrate in
a very real way the techniques blind parents use
to live the lives we want with our children.
Melissa Riccobono

[]
Virus-free.