[Nfbnet-members-list] NFBJI Research Opportunity: to better understand how visual and non-visual experiences contribute to cognition.

Lewis, Anil ALewis at nfb.org
Thu Jun 9 20:08:09 UTC 2016

The Neuroplasticity and Development Lab invites participants to take
part in research studies at the NFB convention this year. The studies
involve listening to sentences, listening to tones, reading Braille
and answering questions. The goal of this research is to better
understand how visual and non-visual experiences contribute to cognition.
There are several studies available. You can choose to participate in
one or more of these studies. Each study takes around 1-2 hours and
participants are compensated $30 per hour for participating. Prior to
scheduling a study appointment we ask that you complete a
pre-screening interview over the phone to see whether you qualify.
Among the qualification criteria, participants must be congenitally
and totally blind and between the ages of 18-50. The screening
interview takes between 15 to 30 minutes. Those who take part in the
screening interview will receive a $15 Amazon gift certificate.
To find out if you qualify and to sign up for study appointment
please contact us by either calling (410) 870-9895 or emailing
<mailto:plasticity_lab at jhu.edu>plasticity_lab at jhu.edu.
Thank you for reading our announcement and we look forward to seeing
you at the NFB convention.

Marina Bedny, Ph.D.
Director of Neuroplasticity & Development Lab
Assistant Professor
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences
Johns Hopkins University
<http://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/bedny-lab/>http://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/bedny-lab/