[Nfbnet-members-list] FW: NFB-NEWSLINE® Expands Feature Allowing Independent Job Searches for the Blind

Morey, Kristian KMorey at nfb.org
Tue Jun 7 15:57:49 UTC 2016

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:
Chris Danielsen
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind
(410) 659-9314, extension 2330
(410) 262-1281 (cell)
<mailto:cdanielsen at nfb.org>cdanielsen at nfb.org

NFB-NEWSLINE® Expands Feature Allowing Independent Job Searches for the Blind

Baltimore, Maryland (June 7, 2016): The National
Federation of the Blind has added USA JOBS to the
job listings feature of NFB-NEWSLINE®, a free
information service it provides, with support
from state sponsors, for people who are blind and
print disabled. These job listings are in
addition to the over 100,000 listings currently
provided to subscribers by CareerBuilder.com.
"The National Federation of the Blind is
committed to ensuring that the blind have
independent and timely access to information, and
also to helping them find gainful employment so
that they can live the lives they want," says
Mark Riccobono, President of the National
Federation of the Blind. “The enhancement to
the job listings feature of NFB-NEWSLINE® that
we are announcing today helps advance both of these critical goals.”

"NFB-NEWSLINE®’s job search feature, in
addition to the over four hundred newspapers and
magazines, emergency weather alerts, and retail
ads provided on the service, is one we are very
proud to offer," says Scott White, Director of
Sponsored Technology Programs at the National
Federation of the Blind. "We are extremely
pleased to add USA JOBS to the more than 100,000
job listings already provided on the service by Career Builder."

USAJOBS.gov is a free web-based job board
enabling federal job seekers access to thousands
of job opportunities across hundreds of federal
agencies and organizations, providing public
notice for federal employment opportunities. As
the federal government's official source for
federal job listings and employment opportunity
information, USAJOBS.gov provides a variety of opportunities.

Now in addition to NFB-NEWSLINEÂ'™s existing job
listings, subscribers can set up profiles to
include opportunities offered by USAJOBS.gov.
Using the job listings feature of the
NFB-NEWSLINE® service, subscribers can set up
the search profile and customize the search by
radius from a zip code, category, salary range,
and can even include a specific search phrase
such as “entry level” or “benefits.”
Subscribers can set up multiple profiles (for
example, searching in several different
geographical areas, or searching for more than
one type of employment). They also have the
capability to email job listings to their email inbox.
For more information about accessing
NFB-NEWSLINE'®s job listings feature, or if you
would like to sign up for NFB-NEWSLINE®, you can
visit
<http://www.nfbnewsline.org>www.nfbnewsline.org,
or call (866) 504-7300, or email
<mailto:nfbnewsline at nfb.org>nfbnewsline at nfb.org.

###

NFB-NEWSLINE® is a service of the National Federation of the Blind.

About the National Federation of the Blind:

The National Federation of the Blind knows that
blindness is not the characteristic that defines
you or your future. Every day we raise the
expectations of blind people, because low
expectations create obstacles between blind
people and our dreams. You can live the life you
want; blindness is not what holds you back.