[Nfbnet-members-list] FW: Jobs at Amazon

Dick Davis ddavis at blindinc.org
Wed Jul 20 02:59:47 UTC 2016

Hi,
Please take note of these positions at Amazon and
apply if you can.  This is so important I am posting it to all of nfbnet.
Dick Davis
From: President, National Federation of the Blind
[mailto:OfficeOfThePresident at nfb.org]
Subject: Jobs at Amazon
Dick,
Here are some jobs to post to members. These
could really have an impact on accessibility at Amazon.
From: Korn, Peter [mailto:pkorn at lab126.com]
Subject: My action item: URL for our open
accessibility engineering/QA positions [was Re:
NFB/Amazon Education - Collaborative Session/Conference Call]
NFB colleagues,
One of my action items coming out of our meeting
earlier today was to share the URL for our open
accessibility positions.  Please see
<https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/WD68BWCa21esp>https://www.amazon.jobs/en/landing_pages/accessibility-internationalization
which is a special “landing page” for all
of our open jobs on the Devices Accessibility and
Internationalization Team, which delivers
VoiceView on Fire Tables and Fire TV,
magnification on Fire Tablets, and our other
accessibility features on FireOS devices.  It
also delivers internationalization support for
those products, and while this page lists jobs in
both areas, at the moment 6 of the 8 open positions are for accessibility.
Across all of Amazon, you can find positions that
mention “accessibility” with the URL
<https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/0JdxBeS5ZVRfX>https://www.amazon.jobs/en/search?base_query=accessibility
That will include the 6 positions at the URL
above, but also many in the website org., as well
as positions that aren’t full-time dedicated to
accessibility but for which we would like
accessibility expertise.  That search term will
also turn up things related to things like
“Access Management”, so candidates will need
to read through job titles & descriptions in
order to ensure the position is something they
are interested in.  As an aside, that’s how I
found my job – I just did a searcch for
“accessibility” on
<http://jobs.amazon.com>jobs.amazon.com while
making a purchase, and found the Accessibility
Architect role that I’m now in.
As I mentioned on our call, we already employ a
number of blind folks on this team, both in QA as
well software development.  And we’d love to have more!
Regards,
Peter