[Nfbnet-members-list] 2016 Writers' Division Contest Winners

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sun Jul 17 17:38:31 UTC 2016

2016 Writers' Division Contest results:

Elementary Fiction;

                    The Best Goalie by Joshua Fields- 1st place

Elementary poetry;

                    Be Happy Raindrop by Delaney Brooks- 1st place

                    My Weird Dream by Abigail Wahlers- 2nd place

Middle School fiction;

                    The Statue by Monserath Espinola- 1st place

Middle School poetry;

                    Little Brick Hut by Ryan Menter- 1st place

                    Battle of Time by Rocco Romeo- 2nd place

High School Poetry;

                    A Phrase Once Said by Jessea Vaughn- 1st place

                    Celestial Army by Joseph Brock- 2nd place

                    With Every Passing Day by Jessea Vaughn- Honorable Mention

Adult Fiction;

The Disappeared by Doris Hampton- 1st place

Escape by Robert D. Sollars-2nd place

Magic by Chris Kuell- 3rd place

Non-Fiction;

TO TAKE OUT OR NOT TO TAKE OUT, THAT IS THE QUESTION by Janet Di Nola
Parmerter- 1st place

Sentimental Keys By Rebecca Shields -2nd place

Mrs. Bullwinkle and Yogi the Bear By John Batran-3rd place

Does This Bus Go Downtown? By Jeffrey Johnson- Honorable Mention

Stories for Youth;

The Stinky Lousy Day by Chris Kuell- 1st place

                    My Robot by John Batron- 2nd place

Adult Poetry

1st place- Metamorphosis by Jamie Allison

2nd place- Face in the Window by Jamie Allison.

3rd place- The Power Within by    Toni Young

Honorable Mention: Along the Road  By Lynda McKinney Lambert