[Nfbnet-members-list] Largest US Audio Information Service Partners with Largest US Retailer NFB-NEWSLINE® to Feature Walmart Ads

Morey, Kristian KMorey at nfb.org
Sat Jul 2 21:57:48 UTC 2016

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:

Chris Danielsen

Director of Public Relations

National Federation of the Blind

(410) 659-9314, extension 2330

(410) 262-1281 (Cell)

<mailto:CDanielsen at nfb.org>CDanielsen at nfb.org

Largest US Audio Information Service Partners with Largest US Retailer

NFB-NEWSLINE® to Feature Walmart Ads

Baltimore, Maryland (July 2, 2016): The National
Federation of the Blind today announced that it
is working with Walmart to offer the retailer’s
ads on NFB-NEWSLINE®, its audio information
service for the blind and print disabled.

“Being able to independently access the same
information as our sighted peers, including
information about consumer goods,  is a vital
part of removing obstacles and enabling blind
people to pursue our dreams and live the lives we
want,” said Mark Riccobono, President of the
National Federation of the Blind. “We are very
pleased to work with Walmart to bring the
company's retail ad content to NFB-NEWSLINE® subscribers.”

Walmart circulars will now be available on
NFB-NEWSLINE®, which is a free audible
information service available to the blind and
print-disabled that offers more than four hundred
publications, including newspapers and magazines,
emergency weather alerts, job listings, and TV
listings, along with retail ads. The service will
share information on products and pricing for the
Walmart store closest to the customer.

“Before retail ads came to NFB-NEWSLINE®, I had
to ask someone to read them to me,” shared an
NFB-NEWSLINE® subscriber from Utah.
“NFB-NEWSLINE® makes me feel independent because
I can read what I want, when I want, and as much
as I want. For those of us who cannot read retail
ads and check sales, saving money is so
difficult. I love that I am now able to bargain
shop at Walmart just like my sister does.”

“The ability to access the information you want,
when you want it, is an important facet of our
NFB-NEWSLINE® service. We continually strive to
expand NFB-NEWSLINE® as a comprehensive
service,” says Scott White, Director of Sponsored
Technology Programs for the National Federation
of the Blind. “Now, through NFB-NEWSLINE®, blind
and print-disabled people will have unprecedented
access to the full content of retail ads from
Walmart. These ads will provide not only pricing
but also valuable product information that would
otherwise be inaccessible to someone who is
unable to read print. We’re extremely pleased to
continue to grow NFB-NEWSLINE® by providing ads from Walmart.”

NFB-NEWSLINE® is accessible via a touch-tone
telephone, email, internet, portable players, or
an iOS Mobile App. For more information or to
register for NFB-NEWSLINE®, visit
<http://www.nfbnewsline.org/>http://www.nfbnewsline.org or call 1-866-504-7300.

###

The National Federation of the Blind knows that
blindness is not the characteristic that defines
you or your future. Every day we raise the
expectations of blind people, because low
expectations create obstacles between blind
people and our dreams. You can live the life you
want; blindness is not what holds you back.