[Nfbnet-members-list] Washington Seminar Resources

Diggs, Parnell via NFB-Legislative-Directors nfb-legislative-directors at nfbnet.org
Fri Jan 15 15:02:20 UTC 2016

Dear Fellow Federationists:

The 2016 Washington Seminar is just ten days away, and we can hardly
wait! We wanted to take this opportunity to pass along to you our
latest YouTube video-Washington Seminar Jeopardy. You can access the
video at
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf7hErDroKo>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf7hErDroKo.
Please use this video as a study tool to brush up on your facts
before arriving in Washington, DC, and of course we hope you enjoy it.

Secondly, at the Legislative Workshop, we are planning to conduct a
breakout session about tools for keeping track of our work on Capitol
Hill. One such tool is the "Congress" app by Sunlight Foundation,
which is free. This app is incredibly helpful for looking up
information such as
*Who your Members of Congress are and their office phone numbers
*Where their DC offices are located
*Committees, Committee Chairs, and Committee members
*Bills and cosponsors of bills
*Hearings
*Social Media

We are asking that all Legislative Workshop participants get the app
on their phones before the seminar starts so we can focus on
demonstrating and using the app rather than trying to download it
during the Workshop.

Finally, attached to this email is the 2016 Legislative Reception
flyer. A copy of the flyer will also be inserted into the legislative
packets that we all will be distributing to members of Congress
during our appointments. Feel free to forward this to your contacts
at the Congressional offices you plan to visit in Washington, DC as
well. Thanks, and see you soon!

-NFB Government Affairs Team

Parnell Diggs, Esq.
Director of Government Affairs
National Federation of the Blind
200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
Office: (410) 659-9314, extension 2222
Mobile: (843) 267-2018
Email: <mailto:pdiggs at nfb.org>pdiggs at nfb.org
Twitter: @NFB_Voice
@ParnellDiggs

the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

Make a gift to the National Federation of the Blind and help ensure
all blind Americans live the lives they want

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is
confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and
others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you
are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or
taking action in relation of the contents of this information is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have
been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software
as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful
place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security,
archiving and compliance. To find out more
<http://www.mimecast.com/products/>Click Here.