[Nfbnet-members-list] Give the gift of independence for the holidays with KNFB Reader

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Mon Dec 19 19:53:39 UTC 2016

Subject: Give the gift of independence for the holidays with KNFB Reader
Do you know someone who is blind, has low vision,
or has another disability that makes it difficult
for them to read print? This holiday season give
them the gift of complete independence and
instant access to printed documents with KNFB
Reader. Just a snap of the smart phone camera,
and virtually any printed document or label is
read aloud in clear synthetic speech.
KNFB Reader can help you:
·         read labels on packages
·         get  your holiday baking done by
reading the recipe you're dying to try
·         decipher the lengthy manual for that cool new toy or gadget

·         read your credit card statement to assess the post-holiday damage

KNFB Reader makes life easier by reading
everything from PDFs to books to text on the
computer screen. It can store the text of scanned
documents on your phone or in the cloud, even
multi-page documents or books. Text is read aloud
or instantly reproduced in Braille on a connected Braille display.

Sound too good to be true? Here's how our users rave about KNFB Reader:
“Reads absolutely everything you put in front of it.”
“I haven't had any reason to use anything else.”
“This app is phenomenal. If you are legally blind
or have any other kind of print reading issues, I
would recommend getting this app.”
“It’s the best $99 I've ever spent.”

Giving this life-changing app as a holiday gift
is easy! Find out how at
<http://www.nfb.org/knfb-reader>www.nfb.org/knfb-reader.
Note to Android users: With sponsorship from
Google we are able to offer KNFB Reader for
Android at an 80 percent discount for a limited time.
Developed by the National Federation of the Blind
in partnership with Sensotec, KNFB Reader helps
you get the information you need to live the life you want!

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, Ext. 2330 | cdanielsen at nfb.org
Twitter: @rlawyer

<https://nfb.org/>
National Federation of the Blind

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>
Facebook
     <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>
Twitter
     <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>
Youtube

The National Federation of the Blind is a
community of members and friends who believe in
the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every
day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.