[Nfbnet-members-list] On behalf of the National Association of Blind Students; are you ready for some friendly competition?

Shannon Cantan shannoncantan.nfb at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 16:40:17 UTC 2016

Aloha my Federation family,

With August nearing its end, the National Association of Blind
Students is excited to be hosting our first ever Fantasy Football
League! Whether you are a seasonal football fan or are interested in
learning about the great American sport, we invite each and every one
of you to participate in a little friendly competition amongst our
Federation family. Since some are more competitive than others, NABS
has decided to split up leagues based on how serious you get when it
comes to fantasy football.

Now, you may be asking yourself: what is a fantasy football league?
A fantasy football league normally consists of 12 teams (some are less
or more). Before the NFL season starts, fantasy teams draft their own
team, consisting of NFL players. A draft order is set by the league
and all owners draft until their roster is filled.  Each participant
is considered a team owner.  In this particular league, each team will
consist of 1 quarterback, 2 running backs, 2 wide receivers, a flex
position which could be a running back, a wide receiver, or a tight
end, a defense/ special teams, and a kicker.

As mentioned earlier, there will be 3 different divisions with no more
than 12 players per league.  The first division will require 10
dollars to get started, 3 dollars will go towards NABS as a
participation fee, while the other 7 dollars will go into a pot for
the end of the year.  The second league will cost 20 dollars to
participate, 5 dollars will be put towards NABS.  The Last League
which will be geared towards the more advanced Fantasy Football Player
will cost 30 dollars, with 10 dollars going towards NABS.
There will be only 1 winner in each League.  With only 8-12
participants, your odds are looking pretty god in terms of walking
away with a big wad of cash! NABS receives a little bit of cash, while
the one winner takes home the rest of the money.

We want as many people to participate, so invite friends, family,
acquaintances, and Mail men, because this is not only limited to
members of NABS. In fact, we welcome any and all individuals
regardless of age to join in on the fun. If you know nothing about
football but are intrigued by such an amazing sport, we will make sure
you have a team and a shot at taking home that grand prize!
The Final day to sign-up will be this Sunday, August 28. Our Draft
will be scheduled for either the Following Monday, or Tuesday.

So get involved with something cool, fun, and exciting. For your
convenience, we take PayPal, Venmow, and credit card over the phone.

Please reach out to me, the coordinator of this fundraiser, at
ShannonCantan.NFB at gmail.com or by phone at 808-636-0129 and I will
send you an invitation to the league, as well as get you to the right
party to process your payment.

Come on come all in this year’s National Association of Blind Students
Fantasy Football league! Thank you in advance for your support for
blind students and for your interest in the most incredible sport on
earth.

Indeed, football season is here!

Shannon Cantan
Co-Chair | Fundraising Committee