[Nfbnet-members-list] NFB-NEWSLINE Adds Lion Magazine

Scott White swhite at nfb.org
Tue Sep 1 01:43:47 UTC 2015

August 31, 2015

NFB-NEWSLINE is happy to announce the addition of LION Magazine, the
publication of the Lions Clubs International, to our list of magazines.

This magazine, published eleven times a year (July and August are
combined) represents the services rendered by Lions Clubs
International throughout the United States and the world. In over two
hundred countries, in hospitals and senior centers, in regions
battered by natural disaster, in schools and eyeglass recycling
centers, Lions are doing community volunteer work, helping, leading,
planning, and supporting. Because Lions Clubs are local, they serve
the unique needs of the communities they live in. Lions Clubs support
sight programs and services including vision screenings, eye banks
and eyeglass recycling, provide eye care services to those at risk of
losing their sight, and raise donations through campaigns like
SightFirst and Campaign SightFirst II.

Lions Clubs believe everyone deserves a healthy life. From providing
health programs that focus on hearing loss to supporting efforts to
control and prevent diabetes, Lions volunteers are working to improve
the health of children and adults around the world.

Lions empower the next generation. Whether it's providing youth
volunteer opportunities and leadership experiences in a Leo club or
sharing a message of peace through the Peace Poster contest, Lions
Clubs' youth programs invest in the future by reaching out to young people.

Lions Clubs serve local communities and protect the planet. From
performing hands-on community work and service projects to providing
emergency assistance, Lions Clubs' community and environment programs
improve communities and protect the environment.

LION Magazine promotes the service of the Lions Clubs around the
world and their philosophy of "We Serve." It is full of articles
about successful service programs and the people who help achieve these goals.

LION Magazine can be found by pressing "7" off the main menu for
"Magazines," then press "6" for "General Interest."

Your NFB-NEWSLINE Team

NFB-NEWSLINE, a service of the National Federation of the Blind

the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.