[Nfbnet-members-list] Update on Yesterday's Legislative Alert and Call to Action

Kuhnke, Kristian KKuhnke at nfb.org
Fri Oct 30 15:02:22 UTC 2015

Fellow Federationists:

As many of you may have heard, the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015 was
passed by the Senate early this morning. We expect that President
Obama will sign it in the very near future. Thanks to everyone who
made calls yesterday. This bill ensures that SSDI will be funded
until 2022 and contains many valuable provisions, including a
demonstration project which conducts a $2-for-$1 phase-out program,
the opportunity to report earnings electronically, and simplification
for how earnings will be counted each month. We will continue to
analyze the content and will provide more details soon.

Once the president signs the bill, our advocacy will continue with
the Social Security Administration as they begin to develop
regulations to implement this legislation.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

Very sincerely,

Parnell Diggs, Esq.
Director of Government Affairs
National Federation of the Blind
200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
Office: (410) 659-9314, extension 2222
Mobile: (843) 267-2018
Email: <mailto:pdiggs at nfb.org>pdiggs at nfb.org
Twitter: @NFB_Voice
   @ParnellDiggs

the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

<https://nfb.org/make-gift>Make a gift to the National Federation of
the Blind and help ensure all blind Americans live the lives they want.