[Nfbnet-members-list] NFB Alaska Convention Streaming live this Saturday

Brian Blair brianblair at polarblairs.org
Thu Oct 8 05:23:23 UTC 2015

Hello,

The National Federation of the Blind of Alaska Convention happens this Friday and Saturday in Anchorage.  At the end of this email is a schedule of events.  This year we are pleased to have Anil Lewis as our National Representative.

You can hear a live stream of Saturday's convention sessions.  The first session starts Saturday, October 10 at 9AM Alaska time, (1PM Eastern).

You can hear the live stream of the convention by visiting this link
http://www.nwrnetwork.com/listen/player.asp?station=nfbak
This link should work with most Flash enabled computer based web browsers.

If you wish to listen using an APP on a  mobile device, internet radio, or audio player such as Winamp then use this direct stream URL.
http://ic2.nwrnetwork.com/nfbak.m3u

Convention activities will be happening from 9 AM through 7PM.  During break times we will stream some past National Convention speeches.

We're grateful for the generosity of the Next Wave Radio Network
http://nwrnetwork.com
 for providing us this stream free of charge.

Enjoy the live stream.  Should you encounter difficulties when listening please email or text me.

Brian

Brian Blair
Secretary
National Federation of the Blind of Alaska

Cell: 907-315-5019

National Federation of the Blind of Alaska

2015 State Convention

Agenda

FRIDAY: 5PM to 9PM

          Meet and Greet

          Hosted by the Anchorage Chapter

SATURDAY:

8am-9am               Registration

9am                       Call to Order

9am-9:45am           Housekeeping, State of the State, State Reports

10am-10:30am       Ham Radio

Pat Brown, State First Vice President

10:30am-10:45am   KNFB Reader

KNFB Liaison Bonnie Lucas Anchorage Chapter President

The KNFB Reader

Now you can have the convenience of an OCR scanner in the palm of your hand. The KNFB Reader app is a revolutionary tool that you can use, with the touch of a single button, to read virtually any type of printed text, including mail, receipts, class handouts, memos, and many other documents. Accuracy is facilitated by a field-of-view report, automatic page detection, and tilt control.

Proprietary document analysis technology determines the words and reads then aloud to the user with high quality text-to-speech. Read the words you want to read; live the life you want.

Visit the Apple App Store to purchase the KNFB Reader app and start enjoying it today.

For the latest news and information about the KNFB Reader, follow us on Twitter @KNFBReader or like us on Facebook.

10:45am-11am       BREAK

11am-11:45            The NFB Philosophy

Anil Lewis, M.P.A.

Executive Director National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute

11:45-Noon           BREAK

Noon-12:15pm      Basket Drawing

12:15pm-1:30pm    Lunch

12:45pm-1:30pm    Accessible Voting

Julie Hussman, Region II Elections Supervisor

State of Alaska, Division of Elections

1:30pm-2pm Activity/Pictures

2pm-2:30pm Seniors in the NFB

William Craig, State Second Vice President

2:30pm-2:45pm      Youths and the NFB

                             Bonnie Lucas, Anchorage Chapter President

2:45pm-3pm NFB Newsline

                             Bonnie Lucas, Anchorage Chapter President

3pm-3:15pm Resolution Committee Report and Resolutions

                             Bill Packee, Former State President

3:15pm-3:45pm      Tammy Kearney

Manager Commonwealth Braille and Talking Book Cooperative

3:45pm-4pm Final Business and Announcements

4pm-5pm              Happy Hour at Restaurant

5pm-7pm              Convention Banquet

                             Guest Speaker and National Representative:

Anil Lewis, M.P.A.

Executive Director National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute

7pm                      Convention Adjourned