[Nfbnet-members-list] Interest in enforcement of 508?

by way of David Andrews <dandrews@visi.com> carinmemm at aol.com
Tue Mar 31 05:50:50 UTC 2015

EEOC, DOL and OPM Encourage a Dialogue on Removing Barriers for Federal
WorkersWASHINGTON -- The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
(EEOC) will hold a live Twitter chat on Thursday, April 2 from 1:00 to
2:00 pm (EDT). Â This is an opportunity for stakeholders to discuss how
technology impacts federal workers with disabilities. Â Federal
employees and members of the public are encouraged to participate by
submitting questions and comments using the hashtag #5084FEDs. The EEOC
invites queries and comments regarding the common technological issues
people with disabilities experience in the federal workforce, as it
relates to Section 508 compliance.EEOC Commissioner Chai Feldblum will
use her personal Twitter handle @chaifeldblum to participate and
representatives from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) and the Office
of Personnel Management (OPM) will also join the conversation. Â Â EEOC
will conduct the chat using the Office of Federal Operations (OFO)
official Twitter handle @EEOC_OFO.Carlton Hadden, director of EEOC’s
Office of Federal Operations, said, “Our Twitter chat will gather
feedback from all stakeholders on 508 compliance in the federal sector.
While we certainly want information about best practices, we also need
information on any barriers to fostering greater accessibility.”EEOC
Chair Jenny Yang released a video invitation. Members of the news media
should direct questions to the EEOC's Office of Communications via
email: newsroom at eeoc.gov or by phone at 202-663-4191 or TTY
202-663-4494.The EEOC enforces federal laws prohibiting employment
discrimination. Further information about the EEOC is available at
www.eeoc.gov.
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | USA.Gov