[Nfbnet-members-list] March Braille Monitor Now Available

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Mar 26 07:49:10 UTC 2015

The Braille Monitor: March Edition

Whether you read the Braille Monitor when it is hot off the press or
if you read it later, I believe that the information it contains is
always right on time.  The March edition is a perfect
example.  Reprinting the Washington issue fact sheets in March
ensures that we have the information in a convenient form as we
prepare to visit Congressmen and Senators who are home in their
districts for the spring recess.  These priorities will never be
enacted unless we take action.   The Presidential Election of 2016 is
really right around the corner. "A Troubled State of Accessible
Voting" by Lou Ann Blake is a timely reminder for state affiliates to
work with their Boards of Elections to ensure that we will continue
to have a secret ballot and be able to vote in private in this
upcoming important election.

Government information is not the only thing we need.  The article by
Anne Taylor entitled "Access Technology: Spreading the Word and the
Knowledge", reminds us of the valuable resources available to us
through the Jernigan Institute's Access Technology team.  Who doesn't
need information on technology?

As parents make summer plans for their children the information in
the Monitor Miniatures about summer programs for children and youth
at our NFB training centers is certainly right on time.

  Inspiration is always timely.  "Daring to Be All We Can Be" by Paul
Gabias will not only inspire parents of blind children, but also
serves as a good reminder to all of us to strive to fulfill our
dreams.  E. U. Parker was an inspiring leader.   Be sure to read
Peggy Chong's article about "Ethel Ulysses Parker, Jr." to learn
about Mr. Parker's leadership and contributions to our movement.

Reading the Braille Monitor will provide you with in-depth coverage
of issue and events.  Just when you need it, it is always right on time.

The Braille Monitor page is at:
https://nfb.org/braille-monitor

The March 2015 Braille Monitor can be found at:

https://nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm15/bm1503/bm1503tc.htm

E-Mail:  dandrews at visi.com or david.andrews at nfbnet.org