[Nfbnet-members-list] Utah NFB Library Card

Everette Bacon via Chapter-presidents chapter-presidents at nfbnet.org
Mon Jun 15 17:38:17 UTC 2015

Announcing the 2015 NFB Library Card

This is the 2015 Revision of the NFB Library Card. Revision date June 15, 2015.

Additions:
1. This is an 8 gig SD card. Last year's Library
card fit on a 4 gig SD card. With all the
additional material in this year's revision,
there is now less than half a gig of unused space on this 8 gig card.
2. This revision contains professional recordings
of the last 10 years of the Annual Conventions of
the National Federation of the Blind.
3. This revision contains 50 live recordings of our beloved NFB Songs.
4. This revision contains the Kernel Books in
live mp3 audio format, with each Kernel Book in
its own folder. These Kernel Book recordings have
been recently digitized from cassette, by our
National Office. Previous revisions of the
Library card made use of partially synthesized recordings.
5. New folders have been added for Mark Riccobono
containing both live recordings of his recent
speeches and text articles with speeches and bio information.
6. Numerous speeches and articles have been added
to many of the existing folders such as the
Jacobus tenBroek, Kenneth Jernigan, Marc Maurer,
Parents of Blind Children, Schroeder, miscellaneous,, and others.
7. A new folder has been added with Materials for Blind Parents.
8. A new folder has been added for materials in
Spanish from the NFB of Puerto Rico.
9. A new folder has been added, entitled, "So You
Don't See As Well As You Used To", containing
material for older people who are experiencing declining vision.
10. A Newsletter article has been added, from
1940, reporting on the Organizing meeting of the
National Federation of the Blind in Wilksbarre,
Pennsylvania, on November 16, 1940. It was
published by the Pennsylvania Federation in the
Winter 1940 edition of their newsletter, entitled, "We Are The Blind".

Of course this 2015 NFB Library Card also
contains all of the items in our previous
versions, including, but not limited to:
1. All available banquet speeches by Jacobus
tenBroek, Kenneth Jernigan and Marc Maurer, going
back to 1952. These speeches are in live mp3
audio, as well as in text, to allow for doing
word searches, and cutting and pasting into other documents.
2. Five DAISY books with Enhanced Navigation,
allowing for more efficient access to important
parts of these books. These books include
"Walking Alone and Marching Together", Kenneth
Jernigan, The Master, The Mission, The Movement,
narrated by Marc Maurer; and "Freedom for the
Blind, The Secret is Empowerment" by James H. Omvig.
3. There are literally hundreds of other books,
articles, speeches and documents, arranged into
folders by subject, for easier access. These
folders include, Parents of Blind Children,
Materials for Blind Parents, Students, and for
Leaders of local chapter and state affiliates of
the National Federation of the Blind.
4. There are folders of important historical
documents such as the minutes of the original
organizing meeting of the National Federation of
the Blind held in Wilksbarre, Pennsylvania in
1940, a 4-part series of interviews with Newell
Perry, teacher and mentor of Jacobus tenBroek,
and the live mp3 audio of the speech Jacobus
tenBroek gave at the funeral of Newell Perry.

If you would like a text file of the complete
listing of over 400 items which were included on
the 2013 NFB Library Card, you may contact us at
the email address listed below.Â

At our Annual Convention in Orlando, we will be
selling the 2015 NFB Library Card for $10. In
celebration of our 75th Anniversary, for each
Library Card purchased and this Convention, we
will be including, free of charge, an SD Card
Organizer. This SD Card Organizer holds 10 SD
cards in separate compartments, and normally sells for $7.

If you have questions or suggestions, you can contact us at:
<mailto:norm.gardner at brlcenter.org>norm.gardner at brlcenter.org
or call 801/380-3138.

See you in Florida,
Norm Gardner