[Nfbnet-members-list] Performing arts scholarship 2015

Jordy jdsvendingservices at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 18:38:07 UTC 2015

Greetings on behalf of the performing arts division. We hope this
message finds you doing well.
In remembrance of one of our leaders, Mary Ann Parks, who served as
the Secretary of the Performing Arts Division of the National
Federation of the Blind, a scholarship program was established in
2008.  Mary Ann Parks was first elected in 2005 and helped oversee
the division as it experienced great expansion.  As one of the
leaders of the Division, she worked to manage the summer conventions,
kept valuable records, and assisted in promoting and producing our
first Sound In Sight album, which was released in 2007.  In addition
to working with the Performing Arts Division, Mary Ann also held the
post of Secretary of the National Federation of the Blind of
Georgia.  On August 25, 2007, due to injuries sustained in an
automobile accident, Mary Ann passed away.  She will always be
remembered as the positive, upbeat and strong-willed person she was,
and she will be greatly missed by all who knew her.

At the 75th anniversary convention of the National Federation of the
Blind in July of 2015, the Division will award a scholarship to
recognize achievement and offer support of a legally blind individual
interested in pursuing a degree in the performing arts.  The
scholarship will be available to high school seniors through grad
students who are currently pursuing, or planning to pursue, a full
time post-secondary course of study in a degree program related to
the performing arts at an accredited institution in the United
States.  Each applicant will be considered based upon performing
arts-related achievements, aspirations, and goals; academic
excellence; and community service endeavors.

The scholarship winner will attend the National Federation of the
Blind's 75th anniversary National Convention, to be held in Orlando,
Florida.  The scholarship will be presented at the annual talent
competition on Sunday July 9th, 2015.

In addition to our scholarship program, we have also established a
subsidy program which will, through a short application process,
assist legally blind individuals with funding for performing arts
projects, travel-related expenses incurred as a result of performing
arts projects, as well as other such related needs that may
arise.  Each application will be carefully reviewed, and stipends
will be awarded based upon exhibited need.

Please consider making a donation to the Mary Ann Parks Performing
Arts Scholarship program as well as our new   subsidy program.

All donations are tax-deductible.

You can make a check payable to The National Federation of the Blind
Performing Arts Division and send it to:
8259 Harcourt RD, suite 127, Indianapolis, IN 46260
Please write Scholarship Program or subsidy Program in the memo line
as appropriate.  No amount is too large or too small.  Each donation
will be greatly appreciated.
If you need more information, please call us at (317) 643-1890, or
send us an e-mail at nfbpad at gmail.com.

Dennis Sumlin, Scholarship Chairperson
Jordy D. Stringer, President
Performing Arts Division, National Federation of the Blind
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams.
You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

2015

[...]

Jordy D. Stringer
JD'S Vending Services
Owner/operator
E-mail: <mailto:jdsvendingservices at gmail.com>jdsvendingservices at gmail.com
Phone: 317-629-4639
President, Performing Arts Division, National Federation Of The Blind
E-mail: <mailto:jordystringer83 at gmail.com>jordystringer83 at gmail.com
Phone: 317-643-1890