[Nfbnet-members-list] Announcement of National Braille Association Conference

Jennifer Dunnam jennifer.dunnam1829 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 02:16:15 UTC 2015

Celebrating 70 Years of Service! Thursday,
April 16, 2015 - Saturday, April 18, 2015

Calling all Transcribers, Educators, Parents, Braille Readers,

We would like to extend an invitation to the National Braille
Association Spring 2015 Professional Development Conference and the
kick-off event of our 70th anniversary year. From April 16th to April
18th, we will convene in the “friendly city” of Austin, Texas.
Referred to as the city of slogans, Austin is most known for being the
“live music capital of the world.”

We are pleased to announce that we will be offering the three-day
intensive training on the Unified English Braille (UEB) code that was
so well received at our Fall 2014 conference in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
This training, referred to as “UEBe Ready”, is a must-attend workshop
for any transcriber or teacher who needs to be prepared to transcribe
using UEB.  This workshop is limited to the first 200 people who
register, so make sure to sign up as soon as possible.

Additionally, we will be offering a three-day “Braille Boot Camp, “ a
two-day training on CorelDRAW, and our standard three days of half-day
workshops. Some workshops are limited in the number of participants,
so don’t delay in registering.

Our host is the Double Tree Austin. The room rate is $149.00 per night
for single or double occupancy. Reservations must be made on or before
March 29, 2015 to receive the conference rate. Early-bird Registration
is $175.00 through February 28, 2015. There will be NO On-site
registration at this conference. To register, and for additional
information, visit our website: www.nationalbraille.org