[Nfbnet-members-list] BUDDY Job Announcement BLIND, Inc.

Rob Hobson rhobson at blindinc.org
Thu Dec 17 02:45:36 UTC 2015

Summer 2016 Buddy Counselor Job announcement

Dates: May 30, 2016 through July 1, 2016

We at BLIND, Incorporated are seeking dynamic,
enthusiastic individuals to work as counselors in
our Buddy Program. This program serves children
ages 9-13. Applicants must be able to serve as
role models, and understand and share our
positive philosophy regarding blindness. These
individuals must be skilled in the non-visual
alternative techniques of blindness that we teach
at our training center. While being a graduate of
an NFB center is not a requirement, they should
have the same level of skill, self-confidence,
and independence that we expect from our graduates.

Required Skills:
• enjoy working with childrenn
• be able to communicate effectively wiith co-workers and supervisor
• possess ppatience and the ability to work as part of a team
• enjoy teaching
• Ability to to read and write Braille
•Â  proficienncy in using word processing,
spreadsheets, , the internet, and email using
either the JAWS, Voiceover, or Window-Eyes screen readers
• Ability to write clear and concise reports on student pprogress

Note: All applicants must pass a background check.

For more information, contact Robert Hobson travel and Transition Coordinator
1-800-597-9558 ext. 220 or
email a cover letter and resume to
<mailto:rhobson at blindinc.org>rhobson at blindinc.org.

Robert Hobson

Travel and transition Coordinator

MA NOMCT

BLIND Incorporated
100 East 22nd ST Minneapolis MN 55404
Work: 612-872-0100 EX 220
Mobile: 815-546-3306
Email: <mailto:rhobson at blindinc.org>rhobson at blindinc.org

The National Federation of the Blind knows that
blindness is not the characteristic that defines
you or your future. Every day we raise the
expectations of blind people, because low
expectations create obstacles between blind
people and our dreams. You can have the life you
want; blindness is not what holds you back.