[Nfbnet-members-list] Petition to the United Nations regarding quiet vehicles

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Tue Apr 7 18:11:51 UTC 2015

Dear Fellow Federationists:

As you know, the National Federation of the Blind has been warning
for many years that hybrid and electric vehicles pose a danger to the
blind and to other pedestrians, as well as to cyclists and small
children. In the United States our campaign to have a safe level of
sound added to these vehicles resulted in the passage of the
Pedestrian safety Enhancement Act. However, there is still much work
to be done on the international level, and so we have also been
working with other individuals and organizations to encourage the
United Nations to adopt an international standard for safe vehicle
sound. Some of our blind colleagues in the United Kingdom have posted
a petition on Change.org urging the UN to take action. We are writing
to ask that you sign this petition to show our support for their
request to the UN. You can read and sign the petition by clicking the
following link or pasting it into your browser:
<http://www.change.org/p/the-united-nations-stop-look-and-listen-make-sure-electric-and-hybrid-vehicles-are-audible-to-ensure-pedestrian-safety>www.change.org/p/the-united-nations-stop-look-and-listen-make-sure-electric-and-hybrid-vehicles-are-audible-to-ensure-pedestrian-safety.

Let's help our colleagues across the pond get ten-thousand signatures!

Sincerely,
Chris Danielsen
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind
200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
Office: (410) 659-9314, extension 2330
Mobile: (410) 262-1281
Email: <mailto:cdanielsen at nfb.org>cdanielsen at nfb.org
Twitter: @NFB_Voice

the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

<https://nfb.org/make-gift>Make a gift to the National Federation of
the Blind and help ensure all blind Americans live the lives they want.