[Nfbnet-members-list] NFB Twitter Chats

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Thu Sep 4 01:03:16 UTC 2014

Dear Fellow Federationists:

The National Federation of the Blind (NFB) is inaugurating a series
of Twitter chats to enhance our social media presence and engage our
members and supporters. The first of these Twitter chats is set for
September 10 at 8 p.m. EDT and will focus on our 75 Days of Action
campaign, which officially kicked off on September 2. It is entitled
"Why Join the National Federation of the Blind? A Conversation with
President Riccobono." Jeannie Massay, co-chairperson of the NFB's 75
Days of Action steering committee, will moderate this Twitter chat,
which is an opportunity for members to ask questions about the
importance of joining the NFB and how to recruit new members, as well
as to share our stories of why we all joined the organized blind
movement. You can submit questions for President Riccobono and the
other chat participants in advance, or participate during the live
event next Wednesday, by using the hashtag #blindchat. President
Riccobono hopes that you will all join him for what is sure to be a
lively and informative discussion. And be sure to invite friends or
family members who are curious about the National Federation of the
Blind or are considering joining the organization.

Sincerely,

Chris Danielsen
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind

P.S. If you are not familiar with Twitter chats, here's a fun and
informative blog post from Tony Olivero explaining the concept:
<http://www.olivero.us/blog/2012/09/19/what-are-twitter-chats-a-fireside-conversation-with-myself/>http://www.olivero.us/blog/2012/09/19/what-are-twitter-chats-a-fireside-conversation-with-myself/