[Nfbnet-members-list] Funds for First Timers to the NFB National Convention in 2014

Rovig, Lorraine LRovig at nfb.org
Tue Mar 25 03:17:46 UTC 2014

Do you need a little extra cash to be able to attend the national
convention in Orlando this summer? The Kenneth Jernigan Scholarship
Fund invites members of the National Federation of the Blind who have
not been to a national convention before to make an application. The
three largest expenses are round-trip travel costs, usually by plane;
the room cost from arrival on July 1 to departure on July 7; and food
costs when mostly eating in a hotel.  The fund will usually cover one
of the three. To understand what the committee needs to know about
you, read the article by me, Allen Harris, chairperson of the Kenneth
Jernigan Convention Scholarship Fund, which is published in the March
"Braille Monitor." Here is a direct link to the article:
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm14/bm1403/bm140316.htm>https://nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm14/bm1403/bm140316.htm.
Please hurry if you are interested. The deadline for your letter and
a letter from your affiliate president is April 15.

Cordially,

Chairperson Allen Harris
Office: (410) 659-93124, x2415

Kenneth Jernigan Convention Scholarship Fund
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230
Office: (410) 659-9314, x2415;
Email: <mailto:kjscholarships at nfb.org>kjscholarships at nfb.org
(See Allen Harris article in January 2014 Braille Monitor for details)

the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

To make a donation to the National Federation of the Blind
Imagination Fund campaign, please visit
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=5>https://nfb.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=5.