[Nfbnet-members-list] March Braille Monitor Now Available

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Mar 13 17:43:59 UTC 2014

Read the March Monitor, www.nfb.org/braille-monitor, and see how the
National Federation of the Blind helps to change people's
lives.  Three examples are the articles "College Bound" by Meg
Dowell, "Perspectives from a Student Musician" by Julie McGinnity and
"Blind in Wild Nature" by Dr. Geerat Vermeij.  These articles also
demonstrate the diversity and talent of our members.

Those who never had the privilege of getting to know Dr. Kenneth
Jernigan will enjoy his article entitled "The Life of a Convention
Chairman or Disneyland Visited".  Many who knew him will once again
enjoy his wit and will marvel at his attention to detail.

Peggy Chong's article "Standing on Their Shoulders" not only presents
information about her growth in the movement but also provides
interesting insights into the early struggles that blind persons
faced in getting our organization started.  As the March Monitor
demonstrates, the National Federation of the Blind is definitely a
people's movement.