[Nfbnet-members-list] Seeking Critical Accessibility Information at Washington Seminar

Yingling, Valerie Vyingling at nfb.org
Sat Jan 25 02:39:19 UTC 2014

Dear Federationists,

While you attend Washington Seminar on Monday,
January 27th, be sure to stop by one of the NFB
Legal Department’s survey tables.  In an effort
to gather critical accessibility information from
members, the NFB Legal Department, along with
Brown, Goldstein & Levy, and D.C.-based law firm
of Mehri & Skalet, will be conducting member surveys on the following topics:
·        Electronic Health Records
o   We are seeking information from employees and
students required to use electronic health record
systems on the job or for school purposes.
·        Pre-employment Testing
o   We are seeking information from anyone who
has attempted to fill out an online job
application or take an online employment test
with screen access software or expects to do so
in the near future. If the test you have taken or
plan to take was developed by Kenexa, or if the
job you have applied for or will be applying for
is with a federal government contractor, we would
be especially interested in speaking with you.
·        Technology in Higher Education
o   We are gathering information from college and
university students regarding Web applications
for assignment collaboration and other technologies.
·        Common Core State Standard Assessment Field Tests
o   We are seeking information regarding K-12
students that will be taking a field test or have
been excluded from taking the test due to blindness.
·        Online and Mobile Banking
o   We are gathering information pertaining to
account management and other features.

Survey tables will be located in the following
locations at the Holiday Inn Capitol, Washington DC:

·        Apollo Room, from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
·        Discovery II Room, from 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
·        Discovery II Foyer, from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

If you cannot attend Washington Seminar this year
and are able to contribute to our information
gathering efforts, please contact Valerie
Yingling, Paralegal at the National Federation of
the Blind at
<mailto:Vyingling at nfb.org>Vyingling at nfb.org or 410-659-9314 ext. 2440.