[Nfbnet-members-list] FW: More Reading Tools for NFB-NEWSLINE Subscribers!

Albee, Tammy TAlbee at nfb.org
Mon Dec 22 20:13:15 UTC 2014

Dear NFB-NEWSLINE Subscribers,

The NFB-NEWSLINE team is pleased to announce the introduction of a
new feature for the telephone access method that will help
subscribers streamline the reading of their favorite publications.

This new mode is easy to navigate; you are able to quickly move from
section to section without having to return to the list of sections
and their corresponding option numbers, and you still retain the
ability to swiftly move from article to article.

Ever find yourself reading The New York Times, Wall street Journal,
Time Magazine, Vogue or one of the other 400 publications on
NFB-NEWSLINE and wish you could hear all the sections one after
another, without having to go back to the section list and listen to
all the sections in order to select the correct number of your
choice? Now you can press 99 at the section level of your favorite
publication as soon as you hear all the sections listed with their
associated option numbers, and you will be placed into the new
Continuous Reading Mode.

What about those Sunday mornings when you are relaxing with your
coffee and wish to read your USA Today all the way through? Using the
Continuous Reading Mode you can hear every article in every section.
With the easy navigation of Continuous Reading Mode, you can read an
entire newspaper beginning to end, or skip any section that you are
not interested in by simply pressing the * key.

While reading the Metro Section of The Washington Post, you can still
move from article to article by a press of the 3 key as you have
always done in the past. Need to have an article emailed to you for
your personal use? Press the pound nine key combination and it is on
its way to your in box.

Once you are finished using the Continuous Reading Mode and wish to
exit, press the pound key followed by the * key and you are
immediately returned to the section level of the publication that you
are reading.

These new reading tools do not affect the existing tools you are
accustomed to using. Pressing Pound 9 will still email articles to
your email address in our system. Pressing 3 will still move you to
the next article in a publication even while in Continuous Reading Mode.

For users of the "My Newspaper" feature that allows you to design
your very own customized publication, we have also enabled the
Continuous Reading Mode so you can quickly move through the content
that you find to be of most value to you.

Summary of Continuous Reading Mode Tools:

99 Turn on Continuous Reading Mode from the Section Level

* Skip to next Section of the Publication while in Continuous Reading Mode

Pound* Return to Section Level

We hope you enjoy this new reading feature of the NFB-NEWSLINE
service, which was designed to provide you with more flexibility in
your reading style and an opportunity to efficiently discover other
sections in the publications that you read.

We would very much like to have your comments on this new Continuous
Reading Mode. Please call us at (410) 505-5896 or email me at
<mailto:swhite at nfb.org>swhite at nfb.org to let us know what you think!

We wish you very Happy Holidays and a Wonderful New Year!

The NFB-NEWSLINE Team