[Nfbnet-members-list] NFB-NEWSLINE Convention Volunteers request e-mail

Worley, Nijat NWorley at nfb.org
Fri Apr 18 00:40:52 UTC 2014

 From Scott White
Director, NFB-NEWSLINE®

Greetings Fellow Federationists:

The 74th annual convention of the National
Federation of the Blind is rapidly approaching,
so before everyone’s schedule is entirely packed,
I wanted to write to you to ask for your
assistance.  The NFB-NEWSLINE® team will be
hosting a demonstration room and a table in the
Exhibit Hall this year.  Both of these activities
will require a number of volunteers and we would
greatly appreciate any time that you could offer
to help with our convention activities.

We have recently launched new service features,
and we want to give convention attendees an
opportunity to become familiar with these
additions so that they can make the most of
them.  To aid us in this effort, in addition to
our two tables in the Exhibit Hall, the
NFB-NEWSLINE® team has arranged for a
demonstration room that will allow for hands-on
demonstrations of our recent service
enhancements, such as the new newspaper email
features, and the latest update to our
NFB-NEWSLINE® Mobile application for the iPhone.
We will also demonstrate some of the newest
smaller features and services added to the system
and the latest publications now available to the
blind such as the new Meredith Magazines.

Our demonstration room will be available for
walk-in traffic for five hours on Wednesday, July
2nd, and Thursday, July 3rd, to answer questions
about NFB-NEWSLINE. Our tables in the Exhibit
Hall will need to be staffed for a total of
twenty-three hours starting on Wednesday, July
second, through Saturday, July fifth, so we need
plenty of help!  We are looking for support from
our members who are familiar with the NFB-NEWSLINE® service.

Additionally, we need volunteers to staff our
room’s four workstations to help convention
attendees learn about recent service
initiatives.  Our volunteers will be asked to
assist visitors in many ways­by providing
information, handing out literature, and helping
sign up new subscribers.  We will provide
interested volunteers with information on these
new service initiatives before convention via
conference call during the week of June 22 so that everyone is up to speed.

Please send an e-mail indicating your interest in
volunteering during convention to my assistant,
Nijat Worley.  Nijat can be reached via email at
<mailto:nworley at nfb.org>nworley at nfb.org or by
calling (410) 659-9314, extension 2234.

Thank you in advance for your time and for your volunteer work

Scott White

The National Federation of the Blind knows that
blindness is not the characteristic that defines
you or your future. Every day we raise the
expectations of blind people, because low
expectations create obstacles between blind
people and our dreams. You can have the life you
want; blindness is not what holds you back.
Help me reach my fundraising goal by making a
donation to the Imagination Fund at
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fapp.mobilecause.com%2Fpublic%2Fsocial%2F9717&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGnIIMBKxsjeWTySBpBzj2K0SMUTQ>https://app.mobilecause.com/public/social/9717.

Vehicle Donations Take the Blind Further
Donate your car to the National Federation of the Blind today!
For more information, please visit:
<http://www.carshelpingtheblind.org/>www.carshelpingtheblind.org
or call 1-855-659-931

Nijat Worley