[Nfbnet-members-list] Digital Audio Labels

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Oct 10 09:21:44 UTC 2013

I have been asked to circulate the following:  Dave

  Have you ever needed someone to tell you what your prescription is?
Have you ever been confused about what medication it is that you need
to take? Have you ever improperly taken the wrong medication? Have
you ever needed to know the prescription number? Have you ever
forgotten a refill date? Have you ever wanted to know what warnings
are on your prescription? If you answered yes to any one of the
previous questions, and if you want to have complete independence
with taking your medications, and want to be completely safe with
taking your medication, then the Digital Audio Label by AccessaMed
inc. is the solution.

  With one of the founders of AccessaMed inc. being totally blind,
the need to be able to safely and independently take prescribed
medications has been the driving force behind the invention of the
Digital Audio Label. This one inch wide by two inch tall device
permanently attaches to any prescription container and at the push of
a button, a blind/low vision person can now hear all the information
that is contained on a print label. Yes, all the information that is
contained on a print label is now fully accessible. The name of the
patient, the name of the medication, the dosing instructions,
pharmacists phone number, rx number, name of the dr., color, shape
size (if required), and all warnings, if any, are now at the push of a button.

  The Digital Audio Label is in full compliance with the U.S.
Access-Board's recommendations for best practices for accessible
prescription labeling, along with being in compliance with the Food
and Drug Administration Safety and Innovation Act of 2012, the FDA
Cosmetic Act, HIPAA, and most importantly, in compliance with the
American's with Disabilities Act.

  The Digital Audio Label by AccessaMed does not require any
additional equipment in order to read a bar code, QR code, or RFID
tag, does not require the launching of an app to access the
information, but is a solution that gives the blind/low vision person
immediate access to knowing exactly what medication it is that is
being taken. When a prescription is refilled, a new Digital Audio
Label will be permanently attached to the prescription container or
packaging in order to easily accommodate any possible changes from
month to month, or any other doctor ordered changes.

  Finally, the Digital Audio Label will now give complete
independence with regard to taking prescribed medication. As we like
to say at AccessaMed, "be safe, be independent."

  For more information you can go to our website at:
<http://accessamed.com/>accessamed.com or call: 360-696-5955.

  Start asking your pharmacist to carry the Digital Audio Label by
AccessaMed for your accessible prescription labeling. Again, the
Safety and Innovation Act now requires that pharmacies provide an
accessible prescription drug label for those who are blind, low
vision, and elderly.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Leslie Fitzpatrick <les at accessamed.com>