[Nfbnet-members-list] FW: Let's Take Ownership: Your Voice is Needed in NFB Focus Groups at NFB National Convention

Riccobono, Mark MRiccobono at nfb.org
Fri Jun 28 16:52:48 UTC 2013

Fellow Federationists,

The National Federation of the Blind is a strong, dynamic,
organization like no other in the world. The Federation stays fresh
and vibrant because we continue to take full ownership of our
organization and bring new elements into our programs that keep us on
the cutting edge. In advance of our 75th anniversary (2015) and with
the tenth anniversary of our Jernigan Institute coming up (2014), we
will be conducting some focus groups at the convention to gather data
about the organization and its branding. The focus groups will
explore a few questions about the NFB brand, key characteristics of
the organization, and the elements that keep you engaged in
Federation programs. Please consider volunteering an hour of your
time to discuss a few questions about the Federation from your perspective.

We are planning five separate focus group times. You can only
participate in one of the sessions but you should indicate all of the
sessions you would be available to attend as we will select
participants in order to get a cross section for each session.

The available focus group times are:
Group 1: Monday, July 1, 10:00-11:00 a.m.
Group 2: Monday, July 1, 2:00-3:00 p.m.
Group 3: Monday, July 1, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Group 4: Wednesday, July 3, 1:45-2:45 p.m.
Group 5: Wednesday, July 3, 3:30-4:30 p.m.

Please send an e-mail to Mika Baugh
<<mailto:mikabaugh at yahoo.com>mikabaugh at yahoo.com> noting the time
slots you would be available to attend. Please also provide a mobile
phone number that we can use to confirm your participation with you
during the convention. Finally, include your state affiliate in the
message so we can get a wide range of geographic representation.

Thank you for your work to build the National Federation of the Blind!

Sincerely,
Mark Riccobono

P.S. Share this message widely with Federationists planning to be at
the convention.

Mark A. Riccobono, M.S.ed
Executive Director, Jernigan Institute
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, Maryland 21230
Phone: (410) 659-9314 ext. 2357
Fax: (410) 659-5129
Email: <mailto:mriccobono at nfb.org>mriccobono at nfb.org
Twitter: @Riccobono
Web: <http://www.nfb.org/>www.nfb.org

Vehicle Donations Take the Blind Further
Donate your car to the National Federation of the Blind today!
For more information, please visit:
http://www.carshelpingtheblind.org or call 1-855-659-9314