[Nfbnet-members-list] National Federation of the Blind 2013 convention materials now available on NFB-NEWSLINE

White, Scott SWhite at nfb.org
Fri Jun 21 23:05:03 UTC 2013

Perk your ears convention-goers, as we’ve got
some great news for you!  We are pleased to
announce that once again the entire agenda of the
National Federation of the Blind’s national
convention will be available on NFB-NEWSLINE,
helping you to make the most of this grand
gathering. The National Federation of the Blind
convention, will be held in Orlando Florida July 1-July 6, 2013.

This year, not only do we have the NFB convention
available on NFB-NEWSLINE, you will find menus
from the restaurants located in the hotel, a
dining guide containing a list of restaurants
located outside the hotel, and information on
local shopping opportunities as well as some area transportation options.

You can access the agenda and other convention
materials in numerous ways­by reading it online
with Web News on Demand, by using our
NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile app for iPhone and other IOS
devices, or by picking up any touch-tone
telephone and calling into the service.

To access the agenda on the phone, you’ll want to
press option 5 for newspapers in another state,
and then choose option 5, national meetings of
interest for the print disabled. From there you
can read the entire 2013 NFB agenda and other
convention materials. With the availability of
our on-demand article-request feature, you can
also request that details of a certain meeting or
event be sent to your e-mail account; you can in
this way set up your own agenda tailored to your
interests and obligations.  To use this feature,
when listening to an article press #9 (pound
nine) and the desired article will be sent to
your e-mail inbox automatically, assuming your
e-mail address is provided in your account.

If you’d like to experience the flexibility and
ease of use that is offered by NFB-NEWSLINE
Mobile, please visit the Apple App Store and
search for NFB-NEWSLINE. If you’ve forgotten your
codes, please call us toll free at (866)
504-7300.  If you aren’t signed up for
NFB-NEWSLINE, visit
<http://www.nfbnewsline.org/>www.nfbnewsline.org
to fill out the online application.

Scott White
Now the blind and deaf blind have independent on
demand access to weather alerts through
NFB-NEWSLINE using a standard touch-tone
telephone or IOS device such as an iPhone.

A NFB-NEWSLINE® subscriber commented: “For the
first time I am able to easily gain access to
emergency weather service alerts by making a
phone call.  With the addition of the
AccuWeather® alerts on NFB-NEWSLINE®, I can
access the information that I need to keep my family safe.”

Scott A. White
Director of Sponsored Technology Programs
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21230
Telephone: (410) 659-9314, ext. 2231