[Nfbnet-members-list] IMPORTANT: Chapter Building Seminar Orlando, Interview With Mark Riccobono, Wednesday, June 19 at 8:00 Pm Eastern

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Tue Jun 18 23:47:00 UTC 2013

**
Greetings to all chapter/division presidents!!

Please take special notice on the following two email messages in the body.
First: Building membership seminar, Orlando Florida
Second: Thru Our Eyes interview with Mark Riccobono

We want to encourage all chapter/division
presidents or a representative from our chapters/divisions to attend.

Chapter and division leaders,

We are excited to invite you to the MEMBERSHIP
COMMITTEE SEMINAR: NEW GENERATION SOLUTIONS FOR
GROWING OUR AFFILIATES AND CHAPTERS-REMOVING OLD
BARRIERS. It will be held on Tuesday, July 2 from
7:45 ­ 9:00PM in Signature 2 Room, level 2. You
will have lots of choices as to how to spend your
Tuesday evening, but if you are interested in a
dynamic exchange of ideas between local leaders
of our movement, this is the seminar for you.

Because the Federation is a grass roots movement,
nurturing and growing our chapter and divisions
is what makes us thrive. As local leaders, it is
important to have modern day approaches to
growing our chapters, divisions, and affiliates.
This seminar will be PARTICIPANT DRIVEN so please send us your input and ideas.

Along with discussions about growing our
affiliates through At Large Chapters, entering
the world of social media, the importance of
personal attention, growing our Hispanic
membership, and other exciting topics, we will be
collecting YOUR questions. We want to know what
to help answer your questions about chapter,
division, and affiliate growth. Please send your
questions to me at jbeecham at nfbco.org by June
25th. I will be compiling the questions for the
committee so that we can be prepared with the
most effective answers to your questions.

We are also interested to know what tools and
support you our your chapter need from the
national office that are not currently available.
If you have suggestions in advance of convention
please send them to jerniganinstitute at nfb.org .
You may also bring your ideas with you to the
meeting in Braille on index cards.

We look forward to having each of you and your
awesome ideas and input in the meeting! Don’t
forget to e-mail me your questions! Because
chapter, division, and affiliate growth is vital
to the livelihood of this organization, I believe
it is crucial that chapter, division, and
affiliate presidents and/or other key chapter,
division, and affiliate leaders are in
attendance. I will be at the meeting and am
excited to hear the chapter development tips and
tricks that each of you have to share.

Best Wishes
Jessica Beecham
Chapter and Community Development Coordinator
National Federation of the Blind of Colorado
2233 West Shepperd Ave.
Littleton, CO 80210
jbeecham at cocenter.org
720-440-2632

Second message:
Interview With Mark Riccobono

On Wednesday, June 19, at 8:00 pm, eastern, Thru
Our Eyes host, Joe Ruffalo will interview Mark
Riccobono, Executive Director, Jernigan
Institute, National Federation of the Blind, Baltimore, Maryland.

Discussion will highlight the programs, projects,
objectives of the Jernigan Institute.
In addition, the national convention activities,
the importance of chapter and membership building
and the next steps to continue to change what it
means to be blind will be featured.

Please call in with your questions and or comments at the following:
1 888 572 0141

How can I access this show, you may ask. . .

Now you can listen live via phone so tell those
you know without an internet connection!

To listen to the live show via phone, call:
1 347 215 7037.

***

To listen/view log into:
www.thruoureyes.org

or for JAWS and other screen reader users:

http://m.thruoureyes.org
Click/Enter on the listen to get the audio only
or go a bit further down the page for the view
and click/enter there for audio and video

To listen to the live show via phone, call:
1 347 215 7037.

To phone in with a suggestion, comment, or just a shout out:
1 888 572 0141

To get any podcasts:
Audio podcasts:
http://www.thruoureyes.org/podcasts/WTOERadio.xml

Video Podcasts:
http://vzaar.com/users/wtoe/podcast.rss 19

Let's Work Together.  Let's Make a Difference!

We care, we share, we grow, we make a difference!
Joe Ruffalo, President
National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey www.nfbnj.org
973 743 0075
nfbnj1 at verizon.net