[Nfbnet-members-list] Problems Taking Licensing/Certification Exams?

Marion Gwizdala marion.gwizdala at verizon.net
Thu Dec 19 02:47:42 UTC 2013

Have you experienced difficulty requesting accommodations to take a
high stakes licensing or certification examination because of your
blindness? Did you request accommodations because of your blindness
and been denied? Or did you make arrangements for accommodations and
experience difficulty when taking the exam? If so, the Human Services
Division of the National Federation of the Blind needs to hear from you!

                 One of the priorities of the Division is to remove
the barriers blind professionals in the Human Services fields, such
as social workers, counselors, speech pathologists, genetic
counselors, medical professionals, etc., face when attempting to
fulfill the requirements of their professional credentialing due to
their blindness. If you have faced difficulties with your
professional examination, please complete the brief questionnaire
that follows my signature and return it to us as soon as possible to

<mailto:Marion.Gwizdala at verizon.net>Marion.Gwizdala at verizon.net

If you need assistance completing this questionnaire for any reason
or have additional questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch
with me. My contact information is below my signature.

With warm regards,
Marion Gwizdala, Co-Chair
Policy & Law Committee
Human Services Division
National Federation of the Blind
(813) 626-2789
<mailto:Marion.Gwizdala at verizon.net>Marion.Gwizdala at verizon.net

Name:
Telephone number:
Email Address
In which state do you reside?
Which examination did or will you take?
Who owns the examination?
Who administers the examination?
Are you currently scheduled to take the examination? If so, when?
What accommodations did or will you request?
Please describe your experience taking or attempting to take the examination.