[Nfbnet-members-list] Plan for Washington Seminar

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Fri Oct 19 22:22:14 UTC 2012

Fellow Federationists:

It's that time again!  Please begin to make your hotel reservations
for Washington Seminar.  The 2013 dates are Monday, February 4,
through Thursday, February 7, 2013.  We need to have your
reservations no later than December 21, 2012.  Please do not contact
the hotel to make your reservations.  I submit all the reservations
for the Washington Seminar.  You may call (303) 778-1130, extension
219, to make your reservation, or you may e-mail your reservations to
Lisa Bonderson at lbonderson at cocenter.org.  We will confirm receipt
of your reservation either by return e-mail or by telephone, so be
sure to give us your telephone number and your e-mail address.

The following is the information that I need to have to assure you of
a room at the Holiday Inn Capitol.

1. Your dates of arrival and departure.

2. First and last names of any roommates that might be sharing with
you.  If you make the reservation by phone, please spell first and
last names of each person sharing the room.  Please include arrival
and departure dates for each person.

3. Please specify if you wish to have:
-- A smoking or non-smoking room
-- An accessible room
-- Two beds, one queen bed, or one king bed
-- A rollaway bed (there will be a $15 charge per night)

4. If Divisions (i.e., Students, Parents, Merchants, Lawyers, etc.)
wish to have space for a meeting, I must have your requirements for
meeting space no later than December 3, 2012.  We want to be able to
accommodate everyone, and in order to do so we must have plenty of
advance notice to work with the hotel.

Per the hotel contract, individual cancellation must be made at least
seventy-two hours prior to the date of arrival to avoid
one-night's-room-plus-tax cancellation charge.  You must get in touch
with Lisa Bonderson or me to make changes to your reservation as soon
as possible to avoid such a charge.

The rates are $177 for single, double, triple, or quad rooms, and the
tax is 14.5 percent per night.  When you check in you must be
prepared to cover at least the first night of your stay with either a
credit card or check, and then arrange to pay the balance by
presenting a credit card or a check for the remainder of the cost.

Please remember, the deadline is December 21, 2012.  There will be a
number of special meetings during the seminar and you will want to
watch the NFB Web site for special announcements.  The Great
Gathering-In meeting will be held on Monday, February 4, 2013--you
certainly don't want to miss that!

I hope this answers all of your questions.  I look forward to seeing
all of you in D.C. soon.

Diane McGeorge
rmcgeorge at comcast.net