[Nfbnet-members-list] Writers Contest Closing Soon

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sat Mar 3 20:40:30 UTC 2012

2012 NFB Writing Contest
Closing April 1st

We've gotten many great submissions, but there is much, much room for
more! If you are planning to send us your work, watch out for the
fast coming deadline.

For those of you who are out of high school and over the age of
eighteen, submit to one or more of the adult contests. We are looking
for poetry, fiction, non-fiction, and stories for youth.

If you meet the requirements for the Youth Writing Contest, and you
write either poetry and/or fiction, then we are looking for your
stuff! We require all submissions to be sent to us both as an
electronic file (Word document) and in hard-copy Braille. Entries
will be judged on creativity and quality of Braille. The age groups
for these authors is divided into grade levels: Elementary, Middle
and High School.

Prizes for contest winners range up to $100 for adult categories and
up to $30 for youth categories.

All contest winners will be announced at the Writers' Division
business meeting during the NFB national convention to be held in
Dallas, Texas, the first week of July, 2012. In addition, shortly
after convention, a list of winners will appear on the Writers'
Division Website,
<http://www.nfb-writers-division.>www.nfb-writers-division.net First,
second, and third place winners in each category will be considered
for publication in the Writers' Division magazine, "Slate & Style."

For additional contest details and submission guidelines, go to the
Writers' Division Website,
<http://www.nfb-writers-division.net>www.nfb-writers-division.net

Robert Leslie Newman

Personal Website-

Adjustment To Blindness And Visual impairment

http//www.thoughtprovoker.info

NFB Writers' Division, president

http://www.nfb-writers-division.net

Chair of the NFB Newsletter Publications Committee