[Nfbnet-members-list] NAGDU Fund-Raiser

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Wed Jun 27 00:47:44 UTC 2012

Email Message Concerning 2012 Fund Raiser

Subject: Win a K-NFB Reader Mobile!

             Merriam-Webster’s “Word of the Day”
for Tuesday, June 26, 2012 is “desideratum”
(pronounced dih-sid-uh-RAH-tum) meaning
“something desired as essential”. Through the
generosity of The Michael Hingson Group and K-NFB
Reading Technologies, the National Association of
Guide Dog Users (NAGDU), a strong & proud
division of the National Federation of the Blind,
is excited to offer the desideratum of a K-NFB
Reader as its 2012 technology raffle! The K-NFB
Reader Mobile  runs on a fully functional cell
phone that allows the user to read receipts,
hand-outs, restaurant menus, and many other
printed materials wherever the person happens to
be. It is truly a pocket-sized solution to
reading on the go! The K-NFB Reader Mobile is
designed for use by either the totally blind or
those with low vision. The phone will come fully
loaded with Talks Screen Reading software which
makes the phone features entirely accessible. The
retail value of this technology package is $1770!
             Tickets for the NAGDU technology
raffle may be purchased at table 22 in the
exhibit hall or prior to the NAGDU meetings for
$2 each or 3 for $5. Details about the NAGDU meetings are included below.
             Back by popular demand are our dog
treats. With the cooperation of central Pet
Distributors and Green Pet Supplies of Dallas,
this year we will feature Natural Balance Healthy
Bones all natural dog treats. We will have
chicken, turkey, and lamb treats in 8 oz.
resealable bags for $6each or two for $10. We
always sell out of these treats by the end of
convention, so get yours while supplies last!

Here is the information about the NAGDU meeting and seminar.

Saturday, June 30, 2011
6:00 pm to 10:00 pm. NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF
GUIDE DOG USERS (NAGDU) ANNUAL BUSINESS MEETING. Emerald Room Tower Lobby.
6 pm. Registration; 7:00 pm. Meetsing begins.
Updates on Division Initiatives, including the
Information & Advocacy Hotline, legal cases,
Consumer Satisfaction Survey,  affiliate division
reports, and election of officers & Board members.

Monday, July 2, 2012
National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU) Seminar
Emerald Room, Tower Lobby.
Registration begins at 6:00 p.m.
7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Understanding the application and interaction
between federal & state laws concerning service dogs

Guide dog training program reports

Test drive a guide dog!