[Nfbnet-members-list] NFB 2012 Dallas Convention Heytell Public Relay is Live - Join Now or When You Arrive in Dallas

Mika Pyyhkala pyyhkala at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 21:38:27 UTC 2012

Link to Join NFB12 Heytell Relay Before Arriving in Dallas:
http://goo.gl/6eJ4E

Link to Join NFB 2012 Heytell Public Relay Once in Dallas:
http://heytell.com/nfb

Still need Heytell for Apple, Android, or Windows Phone:
http://heytell.com/dl

Greetings,

The NFB 2012 Dallas Heytell public relay has gone live as scheduled
today, and already has had dozens of people join in its first few
hours of operation.  The relay provides a voice chat where people can
exchange high quality audio messages which are much clearer sounding
than a phone call!

Need help with a travel question, convention program item, restaurant
recommendation, tips from native Texans, or even a computer or app
question...the relay is for you!  The relay has participants who are
new to convention, and those that have attended many conventions.
Thanks to those of you who have already joined!

The Massachusetts affiliate is maintaining a frequently asked
questions page about the relay and other social media activities at:
http://nfbma.org/nfb12

You can also tweet questions to me
@pyyhkala

Hhere are some frequently asked questions about the relay:

Q: Should I join in advance, or once I arrive in Dallas?
A: You may get the most out of the relay if you join in advance,
because as the saying goes, half the fun is getting there!  By joining
in advance you can be informed and entertained as people prepare for
convention, and travel to Dallas.  You'll also get a better sense of
some of your colleagues and friends who are attending convention, and
get early insider information.

Q: Is there any way I can help with this project?
A: Yes, please try to invite people who are new to social media and
apps.  If you meet someone, help them install Heytell, and get signed
up on the relay.  Help and more information will be available at the
#NFB12 Tweetup!

Q: Do I have to be attending the convention in Dallas to join the relay?
A: No, if you use the join form on the MA web page, also located at:
http://goo.gl/6eJ4E
we can manually add you to the relay even if you are not in Dallas.
The http://heytell.com/nfb
automated join process will only work if you are in the Dallas area.

Q: If I have successfully joined the relay in advance, do I need to
visit the http://heytell.com/nfb
page once I arrive in Dallas?
A: No, once you have been joined to the relay via the manual invite
process, you do not need to visit this page again once you are in
Dallas.  But do give people the easy to remember web URL address so
they can join as well.

Q: Will I get too many messages or notifications if I join the relay?
A: Traffic varies, and at some times there are lots of messages.
However, you can temporarily block the group if you do not want to
receive notifications for a period of time.  This is done when the
group is selected, and by pressing the Friend or Block button in the
Heytell app.  You can block and unblock the group as needed.  You can
also otherwise remove Heytell from your notification center if you
find you get too many notifications.  Also the system will only store
about 10 pending unplayed messages, so if you say missed 100 messages,
you will only hear a selected 10.

Q: Why does the early access signup page say that I might not get in
even if I fill out the form?  If I fill out the form, will I get
access or what?
A: We will accommodate as many early signup & out-of-town requests as
we are able to process.  Your request must be exported, run through a
process where your contact data can be imported in to a software tool,
and then you are added to the relay.  We expect to be able to readily
process these manual join requests through Thursday June 28th at
4:00pm EDT, but may not be able to process them as quikcly after and
during convention.  The disclaimer is also added in case of an
unexpected circumstance such as a computer or server problem, power
outage, the internet going out, receiving 1 million requests, etc.  We
have been able to process all early adopter requests so far though!
Even if you are not added early you can still join in Dallas at:
http://heytell.com/nfb

Q: How long wil the relay be active?