[Nfbnet-members-list] (no subject)

White, Scott SWhite at nfb.org
Sat Jun 2 01:31:24 UTC 2012

Greetings fellow Federationists:

The 72nd annual national convention of the
National Federation of the Blind is rapidly
approaching, so before everyone’s schedule is
entirely packed, I wanted to write to you to ask
for your assistance.  The NFB-NEWSLINE team will
be hosting a demonstration room and a table in
the Exhibit Hall this year.  Both of these
activities will require a number of volunteers
and we would greatly appreciate any time that you
could offer to help with our convention activities.

We have recently launched new service features,
and we want to give convention attendees an
opportunity to become familiar with these
additions so that they can make the most of
them.  To aid us in this effort, in addition to
our two tables at the Exhibit Hall, the
NFB-NEWSLINE team has arranged for a
demonstration room that will allow for hands-on
demonstrations of our recent service
enhancements, such as the Global Publication
Search feature and the NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile
application for the iPhone (our newest access method, coming soon).

Our demonstration room will be available for 13
hours of walk-in traffic and our tables in the
Exhibit Hall will need to be staffed for 23
hours, so we need plenty of help!  We are looking
for support from our members who are familiar
with the NFB-NEWSLINE service.  Our volunteers
will be asked to assist visitors in many ways­by
providing information, handing out literature,
and helping sign up new
subscribers.  Additionally, we need volunteers to
staff our room’s four workstations to help
convention attendees learn about recent service
additions.  We will provide those interested in
volunteering with information on these new
service initiatives before convention via a
conference call so that everyone is up to speed.

Please send an e-mail indicating your interest in
volunteering during convention to my assistant,
Wanda Briggs.  Wanda can be reached via e-mail at
<mailto:wbriggs at nfb.org>wbriggs at nfb.org or by
calling (410) 659-9314, extension 2238.

Thank you for your time and for your attention to this matter.

Scott White