[Nfbnet-members-list] Announcing the Facebook Trainers Team

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Tue Aug 7 06:29:20 UTC 2012

Announcing the Facebook Trainers Team

The Communications Committee of the National
Federation of the Blind, chaired by Robert Leslie
Newman, has launched an initiative to get all
Federation entities-affiliates, chapters,
divisions, etc.-to establish a presence on
Facebook. To support this initiative, we have
established a Facebook Trainers Team.

The Facebook Trainers Team exists to train
Federation leaders to harness the power of
Facebook to further the work of our individual
entities and thus the Federation as a whole.

Facebook is useful for:
§  Reaching out to new members through a searchable online presence, outreach,
§  Getting a positive message about blindness out
to the community quickly with pictures and multimedia files,
§  Allowing for open, free-flowing discussion between members outside meetings,

§  Sharing important information efficiently with your board and members,

and much, much more.

We recommend establishing Facebook groups, but we
are also willing and able to support the
development of Facebook pages. We are happy to advise you on your best option.

If you are interested in establishing a Facebook
presence for your affiliate, chapter, division,
etc., or, if you are interested in joining the
Facebook Trainers Team, please contact Robert
Leslie Newman at <newmanrl at cox.net>.

We would love to train you in this simple, quick,
and easy way to further our work in the Federation.

The Facebook Trainers Team