[Nfbnet-members-list] The NFB and Social Networking Tools

Freeh, Jessica JFreeh at nfb.org
Thu Sep 29 00:43:25 UTC 2011

Dear Fellow Federationists:

We thought we would remind you that in addition
to checking <http://www.nfb.org/>our Web site and
reading our flagship publication, the
<http://www.nfb.org/nfb/Braille_Monitor.asp>Braille
Monitor, you can keep up with what is happening
in the National Federation of the Blind by e-mail
and through social networking tools­including a
brand new Twitter account,
<http://www.twitter.com/AskNFB>http://www.twitter.com/AskNFB.

If you want to receive a copy of each press
release that is issued from our national office,
you can do so by subscribing to have each new
press release e-mailed to you as soon as it is
posted.  Just provide your e-mail address at the
<http://www.nfb.org/Forms.asp?MODE=NEW&SnID=917207551&Forms_FormTypeID=-176>press
release subscription form.

You can also follow us on Twitter by subscribing
to our feed at
<http://www.twitter.com/NFB_voice>http://www.twitter.com/NFB_voice.
We also have additional Twitter accounts,
including
<http://twitter.com/#!/NFBScience>NFBScience,
<http://twitter.com/#!/BrailleLiteracy>BrailleLiteracy,
and
<http://twitter.com/#!/NFB_NEWSLINE>NFB-NEWSLINE.
Finally, we've started a new Twitter account,
<http://twitter.com/#!/AskNFB>AskNFB, with which
you can post questions that you need answered by
NFB leaders and staff.  Please follow this
account and then post your question by mentioning
@AskNFB or by sending us a direct message.

Please note: you'll need a Twitter account to
take advantage of our Twitter feeds if you don't
already have one. It’s easy to sign up, and it’s free.

Finally, you can also become a fan of
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/National-Federation-of-the-Blind/54344454247>the
National Federation of the Blind on
Facebook.  You can also become a fan of the
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blind-Driver-Challenge/108549352515974>NFB
Blind Driver
Challenge®<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blind-Driver-Challenge/108549352515974>
on Facebook.

We hope you will utilize one or more of these
methods so that you can interact with us and stay
up to date with national developments in our
movement.  Also, check for your affiliate and
local chapter on social networks as well, or get
in touch with your chapter and affiliate leaders
to find out how you can keep up-to-date on events in your community.

Sincerely:

Chris Danielsen

Director of Public Relations