[Nfbnet-members-list] Let's Race

Diggs, Parnell PDiggs at nfb.org
Wed Jun 15 00:11:00 UTC 2011

Dear Colleagues:

This is Parnell Diggs, Chairman of the National
Federation of the Blind Imagination Fund.  By the
time you receive this, we will be just
twenty-four hours, give or take, from the
all-important assessment of who has raise $1000
by June 15.  Anyone who has raised $1000 will be
included in the pool from which we will select
invitees to participate in the Blind Driver
Challenge™ demonstrations at the National
Federation of the Blind Convention in Orlando.

To those who have already raised $1000, I say
thank you.  Others are very close and will get
there with just one more "ask".  Some
Federationists have raised hundreds of dollars
within hours during this campaign, and you can
too.  We will announce the names of the $1000
Imaginators on June 22 during a special broadcast
of "ThruOurEyes" with Joe Ruffalo beginning at 8:00 PM EDT.

Then, we will select the thirty individuals who
will be invited to ride in the famed Blind Driver
Challenge™ car.  The top ten Imaginators
nationally in terms of money raised will be
invited automatically, which will leave space for
twenty additional Imaginators, who will be
selected from a drawing.  There is only one way
to be in the selection pool; get your $1000
raised by June 15.  If you are conducting a
mail-in campaign, postmarks by June 15 are fine.

In closing, and to avoid any confusion, let me
point out that the Imagination Fund campaign will
continue through July 31.  No matter how much you
have raised by the end of the day on June 15, it
is certainly acceptable to keep right on
fundraising if you are inclined to do so.  We are
ending qualifying for the Blind Driver Challenge™
demonstrations on June 15 so that we can select
participants and finalize plans for the afternoon of July 5.

Other incentives for this year's Imaginators will
be announced very soon.  In the meantime, please
keep imagining and help us to fund the movement that we love.  Thank you.