[Nfbnet-members-list] Last Full Week Ahead for the 2011 NFB Youth Slam and the Pepsi Refresh Project

Lamkin, Seth SLamkin at nfb.org
Sat Aug 21 19:29:53 UTC 2010

Last Full Week Ahead for the 2011 NFB Youth Slam and the Pepsi Refresh Project

Next week will be the last full week of August that the NFB Youth
Slam will be eligible to receive votes towards a grant of $250,000
from Pepsi. We have made good progress, but we need to pick up the
pace in the next week and a half if we are to be one of the top two
projects at the end of the month. Thank you all for voting, and
remember to vote on the weekends as well! Tell your friends and
family to do the same, and let the world know that you support the
Youth Slam by sending out notices to vote on Facebook, Twitter, and
to all of your contacts on your phone. Remember, there are three ways to vote:

    * Text Message: Simply put the number 101913 into the body of a
text, and send that text to 73774. That's all you have to do each day
to vote via text. *Standard text-messaging rates apply
    * Go to
<http://www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam>www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam,
click the link to vote, and then choose the log in using Facebook
option. Once you're successfully logged in, click the vote button on
our page again and the vote link will disappear and you'll have
logged your vote!
    * Go to
<http://www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam>www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam,
click the link to vote, and then choose the sign in directly with
Pepsi option. This option is the least desirable option, but with
practice still can be done in less than a minute each day. An audio
CAPTCHA is necessary for completing this option, but only this option
requires the CAPTCHA. If you do not wish to solve a CAPTCHA each time
to vote (and do not have the ability to text), please use the
Facebook option, even if you simply create a Facebook account to vote
for this month and deactivate it once we have won.

Thank you all for your help over the last three weeks. If you haven't
voted yet, now is when we need you to take a few moments each day to
show your support for equality, access, and opportunity for the
blind. We need to keep up the momentum and secure these funds for
blind students!