[Nfbnet-members-list] Text Vote for NFB Youth Slam to Win It $250, 000 from Pepsi Refresh Project

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Mon Aug 2 00:42:11 UTC 2010

Attention Federationists, we need your votes!

Text the number 101913 to Pepsi (73774) each day in August to vote
for the 2011 NFB Youth Slam!

Throughout the month of August, the 2011 NFB Youth Slam will compete
against other groups and projects for a grant award of $250,000 from
the Pepsi Refresh
project, and we need you to vote! The voting process is very
competitive, and groups from across the country are mobilizing their
members and supporters
to get out and vote. We need you to do the same. Anyone can vote so
encourage your family, friends, relatives, and co-workers to vote
every day in August.
Post it to your Facebook page, Tweet it, just get the word out!

The 2011 NFB Youth Slam will be a five-day, interactive science,
technology, engineering, and math (STEM) academy designed to empower
blind high school
students to explore STEM subjects. Additionally, this event
introduces blind students to countless successful blind role models,
and to the NFB's positive
philosophy about blindness. Your votes will help give blind students
the confidence and the opportunity to be successful!

If you do not have texting capabilities, visit
www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam where you can vote for the NFB
2011 Youth Slam, once per day, throughout
the month of August. Please bookmark that page and be patient with
the Web site, as it is slow at times. To allow for complete
functionality on the project
site, users' pop-up blockers may need to be temporarily disabled.
After clicking the link above and arriving at the project page, click
the link that says
"Vote for this idea." Once clicked, a new window appears giving
options to either "Login with Facebook" or "Sign in directly with
Pepsi." Whichever option
you choose, you can skip to that part of these instructions.

Login with Facebook

Users are advised that if they do have a Facebook account, this
option is much preferred as it eliminates additional security steps
required by signing
in directly with Pepsi. After clicking the link to login with
Facebook, a new window appears asking for your e-mail and password
for Facebook. After inputting
this information, click Login. The next window will ask your
permission for Pepsi to access your basic information that you have
made available to everyone
on Facebook. Click "Allow." If you are not comfortable with this, you
will need to close out and go through the directions below to sign in
directly with
Pepsi instead. If you click "Allow" you will need to return to the
NFB Youth Slam project page and click the vote button. In the future
you will simply
need to click the vote button, sign in with Facebook, and once signed
in, vote for the project.

While you will have 9 votes remaining for the day, you can only use
one vote per day for our project. As much as you may like other
projects in the 250k
category, please do not give them votes as we are competing for the
same prize as one of the top two vote-getters in this category.

Signing in with Pepsi

If you do not have a Facebook account and opt instead for the "Sign
in directly with Pepsi" option, you will enter your e-mail address
and then select the
option "No, I'm new here!" under "Do you have a Pepsi password?" upon
your first visit to the site. You must then input a visual or audio
code, depending
upon your preference or need. If either the recording or text is
unclear, please use the "Refresh Image" or "Refresh Audio" option and
try again.

What follows is a brief sign up with Pepsi, with fields such as First
Name, Last Name, Password, Re-type Password, Birth Date, and another
security code
to input. After you have completed these fields, select "Done." After
you have signed up, you should be back at the NFB Youth Slam project
page. Click
the vote button once more to actually log your vote. When successful,
the "Vote for this idea" link should disappear and be replaced with a
congratulatory
statement in plain text. In the future when you come to the site you
will need to use the "Sign in directly with Pepsi" option and simply
input your e-mail
address, password, and complete the visual or audio code. After you
click "Sign in" you will return to the project page and click the
"Vote for this idea"
link. As before, it should disappear and be replaced with a
congratulatory statement in plain text.

Again, while you will have 9 votes remaining for the day, you can
only use one vote per day for our project. As much as you may like
other projects in the
250k category, please do not give them votes as we are competing for
the same prize as one of the top two vote-getters in this category.

A few minutes of your time can make a huge difference in the lives of
blind students, please vote today! If you have questions about the
voting process
or if you have accessibility issues, contact Pepsi at
PepsiRefresh at young-america.com.

                         David Andrews:  dandrews at visi.com
Follow me on Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/dandrews920