[gui-talk] How to make JAWS announce attachments in Windows Live Mail Essentials

Heather Field missheather at comcast.net
Sat Sep 30 05:37:48 UTC 2017

Hello friends,

Currently, I'm using Windows ten and Windows Live Mail Essentials.
It seems to be working just fine. Except for one problem.
JAWS doesn't announce when an e-mail has an attachment.

When I spoke to VFO support today, they said that this was a problem when
Windows Live Mail was first launched, back when Windows 7 was new, but that
Microsoft had made some changes and, now, JAWS would automatically announce
attachments.
Given that JAWS is not automatically announcing attachments for me, I'm
trying to see what can be done to make it do so.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy this problem.

I'd be most grateful for your feedback.

Warmly,
Heather